8/15/2012

Copy That! Copy That!

COPY THAT
Harlequin Intrigue
ISBN: 9780373696369
HE GAVE NEW MEANING TO THE TERM DOUBLE AGENT

Returning from his latest Border Patrol assignment, Jeremy Hill seeks sanctuary in his twin brother's home. The last thing he expects to find is an armed man already inside, or Meredith Samms, a gorgeous tenant caught in the cross fire. Then he discovers that the gunman's attack is meant for his twin brother, who is nowhere in sight, and Jeremy must take matters into his own hands. Searching for his brother while trying to protect this girl next door, Jeremy finds himself caught up in the danger he'd become all too familiar with. In his world, everyone's a target and anyone can be a suspect, so Jeremy has no room for emotions. But what Meredith stirs within him may complicate this unexpected mission to the point of no return....
READ AN EXCERPT

ALL ABOUT HELENKAY
Bestselling and award-winning author HelenKay Dimon spent twelve years in the most unromantic career ever – divorce lawyer. Now she is thrilled to write romance novels full time. Her books have been featured at E! Online and in the Chicago Tribune, and she has had two of her books named "Red-Hot Reads" in Cosmopolitan Magazine. When not writing, she teaches fiction and romance writing at MiraCosta College and UCSD and generally wastes a lot of time watching bad SyFy channel movies. You can reach HelenKay through her website.

THE INTERROGATION
ANGI: How often to you get lost in a story?
HELENKAY:  I want to get lost every time but the more I write, the harder it is for me to get lost as a reader.  I hate that!  But when it happens, it's a magical thing and I have some favorite reads that give me that incredible sensation no matter how many times I read them.

HelenKay -- Denise -- Angi
ANGI: What’s the first book you remember reading? 
 HELENKAY: I have always been such an avid reader and have clear memories of reading all the Nancy Drew and Hardy Boys mysteries, but my first reading memory is probably ONE FISH TWO FISH RED FISH BLUE FISH by Dr. Seuss.

ANGI: What’s your favorite “love” word?
HELENKAY: For me love and romance are all about hope – a belief in the future and something bigger and better. So it may be an odd choice, but I say hope.

ANGI: Can you tell us about a real-life hero you’ve met?
HELENKAY: My great uncle Duane Fisher. He was married for decades to my great aunt. They raised four children and he worked hard his entire life. He fought with the 101st Airborne "Screaming Eagles" in WWII. Normandy, Bastogne – you name it and he was there. He also fought in Korea and Vietnam. I can’t think of him without being profoundly grateful for his sacrifice and awed by his sense of honor and duty.

ANGI: What do you like about the hero of your book?
HELENKAY: Jeremy Hill is a rescuer by nature. Despite being injured and having an assignment go terribly wrong, he is bone decent and smart enough to recognize a good woman – a forever woman – when she drops right in front of him.   

ANGI: Fairy Tale or Action Adventure?
HELENKAY: Action adventure!  It isn't even a close contest. I have the movie taste of a 12 year-old boy. The more things explode, the happier I am.

ANGI: What was the first story you remember writing?
HELENKAY: I came to the writing profession late. I wasn't one of those people who wrote her first book at age 4. I wrote my first when I was 30 and it was terrible and long and switched genres and I even think the heroine's name changed throughout the manuscript. Really, it's horrible and it will never be seen. The good news is I never intended to submit it anywhere, which is a good thing, but by writing it I caught the bug and kept going until I got The Call.

ANGI: What’s your favorite movie of all time?
HELENKAY: That is so hard! I love movies. The one that has stuck with me, that I find compelling in its unflinching portrait of the characters, is L.A. Confidential. It's not the easiest movie to watch but it is so rich.  On the other end of the spectrum, I have a complete weakness for Love, Actually as well. I adore that movie.

ANGI: Who’s your favorite villain?
HELENKAY: I have so many, but one of my favorites is Aaron Stampler in the movie Primal Fear. Ed Norton plays him and the ending – the Big Reveal – gets me every time.

ANGI: How is it working with hot guys and sexy women all day?
HELENKAY: Honestly, is there a better job in the world? I sit in my house in my sweats, look at photos of hotties for inspiration and write for a living. It's a gift and I so appreciate it and love my readers for letting me live this life.

ANGI’S GOTTA ASK: Hey HelenKay, you’ve lived pretty close to both coasts. What’s your favorite thing about the ocean and do you work that into your books?
HELENKAY’S GOTTA ANSWER: You know how people tend to be either ocean or mountain people?  I am an ocean person. It's the mix of peace, power and vastness.  I'm actually determined to write a romantic suspense that takes places on a yacht. That's a work-in-progress. But I do have an entire contemporary series set in Hawaii, where my husband grew up and my in-laws live, and take advantage of the water setting in those.  COPY THAT is actually set in San Diego, where I live, and the first scene takes place in one of my favorite areas of town, Coronado.  It's a beautiful beach community, so naturally I blow up the pretty beach house in the first scene. J

FINDING HELENKAY
Email   Website   Facebook   Twitter   Goodreads   
Blog and Genreality            Previously on GLIAS

UP NEXT: My next release is a contemporary romance set in West Virginia.
LEAN ON ME
Carina Press
October 2012

SWITCHED
Harlequin Intrigue
November 2012

A Christmas-set romantic suspense with a DIE HARD type feel to it. And I love the cover. 
It's very James Bond-- read more.

WE'LL BE HOME FOR CHRISTMAS
Carina Press
December 2012

PREVIOUS RELEASES


WHEN SHE WASN’T LOOKING
Harlequin Intrigue
May 2012
Read an Excerpt 

THE BIG GUNS
Harlequin Intrigue
September 2011
Daphne du Maurier Finalist

For a complete backlist visit HelenKay’s website.   

WILL YOU HAVE A DRAWING FROM THOSE LEAVING COMMENTS?
I am happy to give away a copy of COPY THAT (unsigned – I'll send right from Amazon or Book Depository.  International entries welcome.

Note: Offer void where prohibited. Odds of winning vary due to the number of entrants. Winners of drawings are responsible for checking this site in a timely manner. If prizes are not claimed in a timely manner, the author may not have a prize available. Get Lost In A Story cannot be responsible for an author's failure to mail the listed prize. GLIAS does not automatically pass email addresses to guest authors unless the commenter publicly posts their email address.

DON’T FORGET to FOLLOW us on Twitter #GetLostStories or LIKE us on Facebook to keep up with all our guest authors and their prizes. And come back tomorrow when Susan hosts Diane Vallere. And Friday when Jill welcomes back our Unsinkable Sister, Rochelle Staab. ~Angi

THE QUESTION FOR TODAY
Do you like Twin stories? Mistaken identity stories? Or do you like your heroes as original one of a kinds?


12 comments:

  1. Welcome to GLIAS HELENKAY !!

    Love Twin books. Twins are such a mystery. Also love the title.

    Angi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love them all: twins, "originals", young, not as young, busy, not so busy, city, country, winter, summer, and the list goes on and on. Maybe that's one of the reasons I like romances: the diversity. At least I never get bored!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just finished Copy That and loved it. I think twin story can be lots of fun. I'm married to a twin (and I got the best one of that pair!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like all of them.
    chey127 at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I grew up with Sweet Valley High so I love twins stories. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love twin stories.
    Kit3247(at)aol(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  7. just love anything you write keep up the great writing
    tammyjackson75@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes to all three. There two pairs of twin cousins in our family, and I always thought how awesome it must be.
    winnie968 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like all these kinds of books.

    bn100candg(at)hotmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi

    I like them all. I have not read many twins stories so I am looking forward to this book.

    Thanks for the chance
    Pam
    tpibrew@msn.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds great. I love them all, as long as the story is good.

    bacchus76 at myself dot com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Loves 2 Read Romance - LauraAugust 17, 2012 at 11:57 PM

    I enjoy a lot of different romance. I enjoy reading about twins. In fact each year Love Inspired does a 6 book continuity and this year's is called Texas Twins so it looks like I will be reading about a lot of twins this year. I really like the sound of Copy That and I am getting excited about all the Christmas books that are going to start coming out.

    ReplyDelete