10/31/2013

DEADLY CONTACT


DEADLY CONTACT
Harlequin Romantic Suspense
October 23rd

It's a race against time—and a fatal outbreak—in this thriller of a debut! 

In one passionate night Special Agent James Reynolds and scientist Kelly Jarvis went from friends to lovers. Then Kelly walked away with only an apology. Now James is charged with solving a bioterrorist attack—and Dr. Jarvis works at the suspected lab. 

Is Kelly an accomplice or a victim? Just what are her secrets that drove her from James's bed? Soon one thing becomes clear: The ghosts of her past have nothing on the terrorists targeting her and Washington, D.C. Another threat bathes the city in red alert, and now there are lives at stake, in addition to hearts….

Check out the excerpt from the Harlequin website

Lara's Debut Received
4 STARS from Romantic Times Magazine
"FBI agent James Reynolds is attracted to his good friend, postdoctoral fellow Dr. Kelly Jarvis, but he’s reluctant to take it to the next level. Kelly is equally attracted to James, but she walks away from him after a heated night of passion, not trusting that a romantic relationship could work between them. James visits Kelly months later, as he needs her help to solve a case. The stakes are high and the tension between them is thick as they struggle with their attraction to each other. In her debut novel, Lacombe gives us genuine, down-to-earth characters and an intriguing, well-developed plot. The romance, science and suspense make this story quite engaging.

FIND LARA
blog   Facebook page   Twitter  @LaraLacombe   Goodreads
~ ~ ~
Don’t forget to FOLLOW us on Twitter #GetLostStories or LIKE us on Facebook to keep up with all our guest authors and their prizes. Join me tomorrow when Roxanne St. Clair visits for the weekend. ~Angi 

WHAT's YOUR FAVORITE SCIENTIFIC FACT?

10 comments:

  1. My favorite scientific fact is: that honey does not spoil. You could feasibly eat 5000 year old honey. Honey is low in moisture - bacteria etc just smother - and it's acidic.

    marypres(AT)gmail(DOT)com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great story, Lara !!
    ~Angi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lara,
    What a wonderful premise for a book. I love things based in science, especially things that have to do with biology (and the environment in particular). So your storyline is right up my interest alley :-) I can't wait to read this! I'm not sure I have a favorite fact, but I do have a favorite scientific process. I never get tired of watching demonstrations where people freeze things in liquid nitrogen and then smash them. Weird, I know. But to me there's a little magic, a little science, and a little danger all rolled into a few minutes. What's not fun about freezing a balloon and dropping it into a million pieces?

    Thanks for sharing your book with us! Glad to have you aboard the GLIAS team!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lizbeth! I love playing with liquid nitrogen, but I did have a glass-lined transfer container blow up in my face once when I was filling it up. Fortunately, I had on my safety goggles, so I was more startled than hurt.

      Delete
  4. Don't have a fav

    bn100candg at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  5. The human body carries more bacteria cells than human cells. Yuck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true! We are pretty much glorified incubators :)

      Delete