Friday, December 27, 2013

Meet Jake & Bree

The MARINE'S LAST DEFENSE
on shelves now
digital available January 1




Felix Baumgartner as Jake Craig.

Meg Ryan as Sabrina Watkins.


And Dallas...as herself.


Why Felix? About the time I came up with the idea for THE MARINE'S LAST DEFENSE, Felix Baumgartner did something no man had done before. On Oct 12th, 2012, Felix broke the sound barrier wearing only a space suit--without a vehicle. Amazingly, STAR TREK 2009 did it, too. I was in a hotel room when my husband called to tell me to watch the live feed. It was so amazing seeing another piece of STAR TREK coming to life. Baumgartner is impressive. A dare devil. And a very good-looking man. Jake is not--a daredevil that is. He's running from problems he doesn't admit he has. And somehow a six month old black labrador helps him face those problems.

Why Meg? Well, why not? I love this photo of her. During THE MARINE'S LAST DEFENSE, Bree has dark hair that she's dyed because she's in hiding. I thought of Meg in JOE vs. THE VOLCANO where she portrayed several roles. Bree plays several roles in the book: heroine in jeopardy, possible con artist, dog walker, successful business entrepreneur and the only person who fills a void in Jake's soul.

And I've already shared why the pup is named Dallas. (Read more about Dallas.)

TWO CHANCES to WIN a copy: the GLIAS Christmas Wishes giveaway or my monthly drawing for a book & gift card.

I have to admit that I was completely satisfied with the young George Clooney look-alike on the cover. Had you ever heard of Felix Baumgartner before today?

8 comments:

  1. Actually this is the first time that I have heard of him. He's certainly easy on the eyes though! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Was definitely easy to look at while I wrote the book. :-)
      ~Angi

      Delete
  2. Angi, can't wait to read The Marine's Last Defense, and that's what I thought when I saw the cover. How on earth did Harlequin get George Clooney to pose? :) You go, girl friend, another great story!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Donnell.
      I tried to find some younger pictures of Mr. Clooney. All of them have 1980s hair...too funny.
      http://www.people.com/people/gallery/0,,20486681_20943503,00.html

      ~Angi

      Delete
  3. I'd never heard of him until this post, Angi.

    But I still think your cover model looks like Mauricio Umansky, the husband of Kyle Richards from The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills. ;)

    Marcy Shuler

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to look this guy up. Thanks for the reminder, Marcy. Happy New Year.
      ~Angi

      Delete
    2. No, but I'm also confusing him with James Garner aka James Scott Bumgarner
      ... Thanks!

      Delete
    3. Another handsome, dark-headed man !
      ~Angi

      Delete