2/23/2014

Get Lost in a Story welcomes back Avery Flynn

"When a fashionista and her bodyguard get tangled up together, watch out for sizzling sex and surprising plot twists." - New York Times best selling author Rebecca York

Sylvie Bissette may be one of Harbor City's youngest glitterati, but only her best friends know her most closely guarded secret. She's the woman behind The High-Heeled Wonder, a must-read blog for fashionistas everywhere. Gossip, fashion advice, exposés. Too bad some people can't take a little criticism. When an internet troll discovers her secret identity and escalates from stalking her to threatening her life, Sylvie turns to security expert Tony Falcon for help. The investigator from the other side of the tracks is the olive oil to her Evian water and aggravates her to no end, but it's not just her temper he's inciting.
  
Tony Falcon wouldn't know a kitten heel from a tabby cat, but since most of the bad guys he tracks down aren't wearing stilettos, it's never been a problem...until he meets Sylvie. When a murder investigation leads him to the same place Sylvie works, he realizes the feisty fashionista may be his best chance at catching the criminals who killed his best friend. It all leads back to the cut-throat fashion world. But solving that case means going after the people Sylvie cares about, and soon his attraction for her--and the danger she's in--has him wondering if solving the case is worth hurting the woman he can't stop fantasizing about .  



DONNELL:  High Heeled Wonder, Avery, I love it!  And what an adorable picture of you and er...heels, of course!  So Lets get right down to it.  Your character Sylvie Bissette is a fashionista and high-heel wearing protag.  How much is Sylvie like Avery Flynn?  And how are you different?  Are you a fashionista?  What I really want to know…Whos braver?

AVERY: Well, as the Fab Mr. Flynn will tell you, I love shoesalmost as much as I love books. That said, I am also cheap, cheap, cheap and I think Sylvie would freak out at the quality of my Kohls on sale shoes. Who is braver? Um it probably depends on the situation but its close to a draw.

DONNELL:  Love your description of Tony Falcon, Olive Oil to her Evian.  Love sexy reads.  So rate this book for our readers, percentage-wise using percentages  80/20, 50/50, 20/80??? comparing the romance and suspense.   

AVERY: My books are definitely on the lighter spectrum of suspense to romance, Id say about 6o romance to 40 suspense. I love reading the darker romantic suspense, but I just cant write it so theres a ton of humor in there. Even in the heavy suspense sections. Really, I want them to be fun, fast-paced smexy reads.

DONNELL:  Where exactly is Harbor City?  Is your setting a real or fictional place?  Talk about why you chose this setting. 

AVERY: Harbor City is basically a fake New York City. I picked it because I wanted to have creative license to change things without readers familiar with that story getting annoyed because this street never runs into that street or that someone could never make it cross town in that amount of time.

DONNELL:  I know for a fact you have “lots” of irons in the fire.  How much time do you spend writing, and where will we find you when youre not writing?

AVERY:  I write every daysomedays more productively than others. :) When Im not writing I am hanging with the family, reading or binge watching Supernatural on Netflix. Yall back off of Dean - he is my boyfriend.

DONNELL:   What is the most surprising thing you learned doing research?

AVERY:  I had a great interview with some amazing fashion bloggers and some of their stories about the e-mails they get from readers is insane. It definitely gave me a lot of insight into that world.

DONNELL:  You also have a strong marketing background.  Do you love/keep up with the rapid pace of changing technology?  Whats your favorite social media platform?  What advice would you give us troglodytes?

AVERY: I dont know if Id say I love the rapid pace of change, but I keep running my hardest to stay up. I love Facebook and Twitter, but Twitter has the lead for me. Its like texting and I love that. Also, I think LinkedIn is the devil. I hate that site. As far as advice, Id say to start small and not feel like you have to do it all. And if youre really uncomfortable and can afford it, an author assistant may be the way to go.

DONNELL:  What comes next in the world of Avery Flynn?  Is High-Heeled Wonder part of a series?

AVERY: It is! The next book in the series is This Years Black and that will be out in May. However, you dont have to wait that long for something new. I have a novella (Fix Er Up) coming out in April. Also, Ill be reading at Lady Janes Salon in New York March 3 (come out and chat!), giving a workshop at the Maine Romance Writers retreat at the end of March and my first RT Book Lovers Convention in May. It is NUTS! But I cant lie, I love it. I dont vacation  well or sit still for long, can you tell?

 DONNELL:  Avery, now its your turn.  Time to ask the readers a question.  

AVERY: Lets have shoe chat. What are your favorite shoes and what do they say about you? One commenter picked by the fine folks at Get Lost in a Story will win a book of their choice from my backlist! Wheeeeeeee! :)

Links and Contact information!  Thank you!!!



Find out more about Avery on her website, follow her on Twitter and Pinterest, like her on her Facebook page or friend her on her Facebook profile. Shes also on Goodreads and BookLikes.
Join her street team, The Flynnbots, and receive special sneak peeks, prizes and early access to her latest releases!
Also, if you figure out how to send Oreos through the Internet, shell be your best friend for life.

Contact her at avery@averyflynn.com.

5 comments:

  1. Heels & I do not get along. It is a great title though.

    You will most likely find me in a fun pair of ballet flats.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely to have you back my shoe-obsessed friend!
    It's a great book !
    ~Angi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning, Avery. As someone who had foot surgery because I love, love, love gorgeous heels, I'll stick with my Munroes and kitten heel? Is that right? Wishing you huge success with your release!

    ReplyDelete
  4. No heels for me.. I want my comfort...

    ReplyDelete
  5. don't have any favs

    bn100candg at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete