9/10/2014

Get Lost in The Stones of Kaldaar with Tameri Etherton





Some say she’s the one of prophecy, that she’ll bring balance to the world. Others say she’s the destroyer, meant to bring an end to Aelinae. They’re both right.


Everything Taryn knew was a lie. Her life on Earth, the man she thought was her grandfather, even her age, were all fabrications meant to protect her, to keep her hidden until she could return to her home world. Once on Aelinae, Taryn realizes she has more to fear than the creeping darkness that threatens to suffocate her.

Unwilling to become a pawn in the machinations of her scheming family and the world she now calls home, Taryn sets out to learn about her mysterious powers. Reluctantly, she accepts the help of Rhoane, a man who promises to protect her, but whom she's not sure she can trust.

As tensions mount and her loved ones are threatened, Taryn must confront an ancient enemy and stop a sinister plan to bring back a banished god.

On Aelinae they say there can be no Light without Dark and no darkness without light. If Taryn fails, there will be only Blackness. Absolute. Binding. Without end.

Failure is simply not an option.  

Buy link: Amazon

An Excerpt from The Stones of Kaldaar:

Even as she said the words, a memory drifted in her thoughts. She saw Rhoane as he was, young and handsome, with brown curls falling over his face as if he were bending over something. Fear edged his eyes. He whispered words in his mystical language and then kissed the pendant before placing it around her neck.
“You! You gave it to me.” She rubbed her forehead, trying to recall the details. “It was here, I think. In the cavern? Brandt was there.” She paused, letting the memory unfold. “And Nadra. We were in a hurry. You,” she met his eyes and saw in them the same lingering fear, “you were worried about us. About me.” It was as if the fragments of memory that haunted her as a child coalesced into coherence at last. “I remember you.”

Rhoane raised a hand toward her, but stopped midair before dropping it to his side. “Darennsai.” The word was nothing more than a whisper. “You were so young.”



Rocker of sparkly tiaras, friend of dragons, and lover of all things sexy, Tameri Etherton leaves a trail of glitter in her wake as she creates and conquers new worlds and the villains who inhabit them. When not masquerading as a mom and writer, rumor has it she travels to far off places, drinking tea and finding inspiration for her kickass heroines—and the rogues who steal their hearts—with her own Prince Charming by her side.

Jillian: How often to you get lost in a story?
Tameri: Everytime the story is so good that I don’t want to return to ‘the real world’. I’ve been known to ignore laundry, cooking, even my family when I get well and truly lost in a story. I have no regrets!

Jillian: What’s your favorite “love” word? 
Tameri: Hmmm, intriguing question. There are so many love words, but two that come to mind are ‘adore’ and ‘cherish’. Similar, yet different words that evoke a sense of fullness in my heart. My favorite word of all time is ‘hope’. Without hope, there is nothing.

Jillian: What’s your favorite fairy tale?
Tameri: The one that ends with a happily ever after.

Jillian: What turns you off like nothing else? 
Tameri: Hate. The world is too precious to waste on something so ugly and useless.

Jillian: Describe your favorite kind of hero to read/write? 
Tameri: I adore a good strong hero. Not necessarily an Alpha who rushes in to fix everything, but an intelligent and perhaps a bit aloof guy who will sit back and take stock of the situation before annihilating his enemy.

Jillian: What was the first story you remember writing? 
Tameri: It was this insane epic poem about these children who lived in a forest. I can’t find it now, but I remember thinking at the time that it was brilliant. I was 8. Everything at 8 is brilliant, right?

Jillian: Tea or Coffee? And how do you take it? 
Tameri: Tea! Usually black, but I like cream and honey with Earl Grey (and some madeleines). Loose leaf preferably, but right now I’m mad about Harney and Son’s Hot Cinnamon Spice. It’s so good.

Jillian: What color would you make the sky if it wasn’t going to be blue anymore and why?
Tameri: Pink and sparkly! 
Jillian: …with dragons, maybe? :)

Tameri has a question for readers: If you could have an animal companion, mythical or real, what would it be? She also has a great giveaway! A $10 Starbucks card or a print copy of her fantasy (winner’s choice), and an item of swag to mail to the winner. Leave email contact information with your comment to be included in the raffle.

Contact Tameri: E-mail:  TameriEtherton@gmail.com  Website: www.TameriEtherton.com

***Note: Offer void where prohibited. Prizes will be mailed to North America  addresses only. If an Advanced Reading Copy (ARC) is available, the author may utilize that option for International participants. Odds of winning vary due to the number of entrants.

28 comments:

  1. Hey Jillian!

    Thank you so much for having me today. This was a fun interview and of course, my sky would have dragons!

    I'm excited to hear what kind of animal companion your readers would like to have.

    I'll be back later to find out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My first message got mangled. So let me try again! So excited to interview you for GLIAS! And yes, dragons soaring in a pink or any other colored sky would be a sight to see!

      Delete
    2. Yes, that would be kind of awesome to see. Sorry your first message got mangled. I blame non-dragon gremlins. :) But so glad you got through now! It's fabulous to be here answering all these comments. What a fun group we've got. Too bad we can't all get together for drinks and chat about magical creatures all night. That would be bliss.

      Delete
  2. Love the interview! Can't wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kathy! I'm currently hooked on Death is Like a Box of Chocolates. So fun!

      Delete
  3. I would love to have a little pet dragon that would follow me around and only breathe fire when some hateful person said or did something mean.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I would love that, too. Have you seen the sweet pictures on Pinterest of the tiny dragons. I so wish they were real!

      Delete
  4. Great interview - the book sounds wonderful! If I could have an animal companion, it would be a rhino (pink and sparkly optional).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A pink and sparkly rhino, love it! Ooooh, could you imagine a mini-rhino? That would be super cute. I kind of want one now...

      Delete
  5. dragon

    bn100candg at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dragon! That flies and takes me flying. And speaks in rainbows

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, a dragon that could fly us around would be awesome. And of course, they would speak in rainbows. I want to live in that world!

      Delete
  7. A talking puppy. Love baby puppies and would love to hear what they really say if they can talk.

    Maybe31 at yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes! I would love to know what puppies are saying! My dogs, too for that matter. They always look at me with such intention, that I feel bad I can't understand them.

    Thanks for stopping by to comment.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh...give me a giant, magical, fuzzy cat any day! One that breathes fire (to stay in the dragon theme, of course). :) The Stones of Kaldaar sounds fabulous (if I win, I want!) cjburright@live.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A fire breathing cat? Now that's a scary prospect! Yowza. I'd love to see one, but not sure if I could live with a giant, magical, fuzzy, fire breathing cat. The cat we have now is fairly magical, but she's neither fuzzy, giant, or, you know, the whole fire breathing thing, and she rules the household!

      Thank you so much, CJ! Good luck! I'll let the winner know here in the comments on Monday.

      Delete
  10. Great interview! Hmmm- a dragon...say one that looks and acts exactly like Toothless in HTTYD ;). At work- so I can't log in !

    Marie Andreas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Marie! Oh, I adore Toothless. His expressions just slay me. He's like a puppy, so maybe a puppy/dragon hybrid? We need to make this happen.

      Thanks for sneaking in at work!

      Delete
  11. Hmmm....I doubt I could pick just one animal companion! I'd be the one with the menagerie! Great interview and I can't wait to read the book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Callene, you totally would be the Noah of the Ark and have a Menagerie! I can't wait for you to read the book, and then finish yours so I can read that book!

      Delete
  12. Dragon (grew up with Anne McCaffrey) :) Enjoyed the interview!

    rinib2 (at) yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Rini! Thanks for stopping in to comment. Dragons! Yep, me too. What's your favorite Anne McCaffrey book? Or are you like me and can't pick a favorite?

      So glad you enjoyed the interview, it was great fun.

      Delete
  13. I love that you would make the sky pink and sparkly. How YOU! :D

    If I could talk to any animal, I'd go with a griffin. One of my favorite animals ever is a lion, but I've always wanted to fly...so yah, griffin all the way! Crossing my fingers for the book giveaway! jessi(dot)witkins(at)gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally! And did you notice your handy work in my bio? I love it.

      A griffin! How you. Strong and brave with wings. I can totally see it. We'll draw the winner Sunday night and post the winner on Monday. Good luck!

      Delete
  14. Tameri-I have something in one of my eyes and the screen is sort of blurry, so I misread this section as:
    Jillian: What turns you off like nothing else?
    Tameri: Hats. The world is too precious to waste on something so ugly and useless.
    And I was like....why would she feel that way about HATS? Maybe she was stood up at the Kentucky Derby once or something. Then I reread it.

    Let's see....companion animal. I've always thought it would be interesting to have a pet crow. I've heard they can actually learn to say a few words. Don't know if that's true or not, but that would be some awesome shoulder candy. Until it pooped on your shoulder. But still....free shoulder crow!

    I'm liking Rhoane already. Great name.
    -Laura laurairrgang(at)gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Doll! Great to see you here. Ha! Hats don't turn me off. I love hats. Except ugly hats. There is no place in this world for ugly hats. Jus' sayin'. :)

      A pet crow! I have never thought of having a crow, but they are beautiful creatures. I bet you could train them not to poop on your shoulder. I think you need to make that happen. When you do, post a pic for us!

      Delete
  15. Congratulations, Laura Irrgang! You'r name was drawn as the lucky winner. I'll email you, too, but wanted to post on here who won the drawing.

    Thank you again to everyone who commented. I hope you enjoyed the adventure and will check out the book! If you'd like to get updates on the books, recipes, cool news, and special deals, be sure to sign up for my Secret Society News!

    http://eepurl.com/0Kahf

    You all totally rock.

    ReplyDelete