9/08/2014

Get Lost With Lisa Belcastro!

WHO IS LISA?
Lisa Belcastro lives with her family on island of Martha’s Vineyard. She writes inspirational romances set on the Island and the surrounding waters.  She loves chocolate, reading, writing, running, working in her gardens, including weeding, and almost all outdoor activities -- as long as the temperature is above sixty degrees! Being on or near the water is pure joy for her, and she is so happy the warmer weather has arrived.

When she’s not at her desk working on her next novel or writing the cuisine column for Vineyard Style Magazine, Lisa is volunteering at her daughter’s school, serving in her church community, gardening, training for her first 50-mile road race, or walking the beach looking for sea glass.

 
THE BLURB
“It’s just a dream. It’s just a dream,” Melissa Smith whispers as her eyes focus on the two men standing before her. She lives in the twenty-first century. She is chaperoning her sixth-grade students on an educational sailing trip. They are not visiting Plimoth Plantation, or the Boston Tea Party Museum, or the Concord Bridge reenactment. They are sailing over the waters of the Vineyard Sound around the island of Martha’s Vineyard. So the men before her, dressed as though they’ve stepped off the set of a movie about the American Revolutionary War, cannot possibly be real. She’s dreaming. She will wake up.

But can a dream man touch her and send bolts of electricity through her veins and ignite a fire in her heart the likes of which she’s never felt before? Can a dream man serve her food that tastes divine? Can a dream lasts for weeks on end?

And if she’s not dreaming, then she’s traveled back in time, which is impossible. But here she is, in 1770, uncertain how she arrived, how she’ll get home, and if her heart could bare to be parted from Captain Isaiah Reed. Only time will tell if Melissa is given a chance at love with Isaiah or if she'll be swept forward once again to her previous life.

 
Contact     |     Website     |    Facebook     |     Twitter     |     Goodreads     |     Amazon
 
 
Alexa: Okay, Lisa. Here we go! How often to you get lost in a story?
Lisa: I confess to getting lost in a story all the time.  If I'm reading, I can become so enchanted with a story that I forget housework, sleep, and perhaps my children (only sort of joking here). When I'm writing, I set an alarm clock to remind myself when I have to go to school for pick up.  I would be lying if I said I've never worked through the two o'clock hour and then received a phone call asking me if I'd forgotten someone. 

Alexa: What’s your favorite fairy tale? 
Lisa: Beauty and the Beast, though Cinderella runs a close second.

Alexa: What turns you off like nothing else?
Lisa: Bad attitudes and people who complain a lot.

Alexa: Where do you read and how often?
Lisa: I read every day. I read while I'm on the treadmill or elliptical, and I read most nights in bed before falling asleep.

Alexa: What sound or noise do you love?
Lisa: This is an easy one - the ocean waves rolling over the shore, especially as it pulls back to sea.

Alexa: What is your biggest vice?
Lisa: Chocolate! I have chocolate every day. I love chocolate in many forms, though I've never taken a liking to chocolate cake. My brownies just won first place at our county fair, and I could eat one of those every day!

Alexa: Be honest, when reading...do you put yourself in the heroine’s role?
Lisa: Absolutely!!

Alexa: If you couldn’t be a writer anymore, what profession would you take up?
Lisa: There are so many jobs I'd love to try, and others I fantasize about.  If I could just "be" something without having the skills at the moment, I'd be an FBI agent or spy for the good guys. In the real world, I'd be a landscape architect. I LOVE gardens, and spend as much of my free time in mine as I can. 

Alexa: What is your favorite tradition from your childhood that you would love to pass on or did pass on to your children?
Lisa: Christmas, and the celebration of Jesus' birth, is my favorite holiday. On Christmas Eve my mom always read 'Twas the Night Before Christmas. We would open one present before bed, and hear the story of baby Jesus. I hope I've passed this tradition down.

Alexa: What will always make you smile, even on a bad day?
Lisa: The sound of my children's laughter, sunshine on my face, a walk by the ocean, a great run (and almost every run completed is a great run), and a hug from someone I love.

Alexa: What has been your most rewarding publishing moment?
Lisa: In July, I received an email from a 64-year-old man. He and his wife had purchased my first book at an author signing. His wife had wanted to buy the trilogy, and he'd suggested she purchase only the first book. In his email, he told me that he'd started to read Shenandoah Nights first. He loved it, and regretted that they hadn't purchased Shenandoah Crossings and Shenandoah Dreams at the same time. He said he was ordering the next two as soon as he finished the email.  He has since emailed me again after reading the next two books, and has told me that he loved the trilogy. I love that a man read the books before his wife, loved them, and took the time to tell me how much he enjoyed them.   

Alexa: What’s up next for you?
Lisa: I'm working on two books at the moment. A Dream for Love, is the first book in a new romance trilogy set on Martha's Vineyard. The heroine, Laurel, wins a week's stay at a movie star's home on Island. Laurel's looking forward to relaxing at the beach with her 4-year-old daughter. When Hollywood bad boy Ryan Crandall arrives after being kicked off his latest movie set, Laurel demands he leaves. Ryan threatens to call the police and have her evicted. A fragile truce provides them both a place to stay, and many explosive moments.  I'm having a ton of fun with this one!

The second book, Breaking Silence, journeys through the heroine's recovery after an abusive marriage.  The writing is challenging, and often painful. Many days I end up at the beach for a short walk to refresh my spirit. 

Alexa: And finally, do you a question for your fans?
Lisa: If you could travel to any time in history - present or future - where would you go and who would you most like to speak with?

Folks, Lisa will be giving a prize away to one commenter today! She’ll send 1 paperback to the winner or all 3 books in the Winds of Change trilogy via Kindle. The winner will choose which option!

Lisa, thanks so much for joining us today and bringing Ben along!
___
Note: Please leave an email address for notification. Offer void where prohibited. Prizes will be mailed to North America addresses only unless specifically mentioned in the post. Odds of winning vary due to the number of entrants. Winners of drawings are responsible for checking this site in a timely manner. If prizes are not claimed in a timely manner, the author may not have a prize available. Get Lost In A Story cannot be responsible for an author's failure to mail the listed prize. GLIAS does not automatically pass email addresses to guest authors unless the commenter publicly posts their email address.

 

11 comments:

  1. Queen Victoria in Victorian times. I love that period. The clothing are so fancy. I wouldn't like to wear them personally but they are pretty to look at!

    Maybe31 at yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The clothes are gorgeous! But I'm with you, I don't think I'd want to be getting dressed in all those layers every single day. Would be okay for a week or so, and fun if we could bring a camera.

      Delete
  2. I love heroine/hero time travel books! Seeing how an author has the character adapt is so interesting. Shenandoah Dreams is definitely in my TBR pile. Does the trilogy need to be read in order?

    Now, if I could travel back in time I would go to the wild, wild west and get to know Annie Oakley. She fascinates me with how forward thinking she was while not really trying to be anything other than herself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Julie,
      No, the books don't have to be read in order. They do stand alone, and the references to the previous events are mere hints but not need-to-know information.
      I would enjoy a day or two of riding and chatting with Annie Oakley. She was one powerful and amazing woman. Fun choice!

      Delete
    2. Someone needs to slap a remember your email sticker on my forehead! blameitonabook at gmail dot com

      Delete
  3. maybe Jane Austen from the 1800s

    bn100candg at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd be up for that adventure, too. Sense and Sensibility is one of my all-time favorites.

      Delete
  4. Just started reading your books Lisa... <3 .. they are great for long plane rides because I n didn't want to put it down! !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you're enjoying them, Brandi. I can't get on a plane without a book, sometimes two if it's a long flight. Safe travels!

      Delete