12/03/2014


Hi, everybody!
Today, Get Lost in a Story welcomes
Jennifer Hayward, author of
THE MAGNATE'S MANIFESTO,
published by Harlequin.
  
 

BILLIONAIRE PLAYBOY IGNITES INTERNATIONAL INCIDENT WITH HIS MANIFESTO ON WOMEN

Jared Stone: Visionary, rebel, the tech world's golden boy…and now the most hated man on the planet!

Bailey St. James: Survivor, powerful female executive, the only woman who refuses to bow down to Jared Stone…and the only woman who can save him?

When Jared's manifesto makes him public enemy #1 the only way out is to make Bailey an offer she can't refuse—a very public promotion to VP! Now, with a major deal on the line and tensions rising, can it be long before Jared and Bailey move from spreadsheets to bed sheets?
 
 
READ A LITTLE, BUY THE BOOK AT: WEBSITE
 

LET'S LEARN A BIT MORE ABOUT JENNIFER: Jennifer Hayward has been a fan of romance since filching (what a great word, Jennifer!) her sister's novels to escape her teenage angst.
 
Her career in journalism and PR, including years of working alongside powerful, charismatic CEOs and traveling the world, has provided perfect fodder for the fast-paced sexy stories she likes to write, always with a touch of humor
 
A native of Canada's East coast, Jennifer lives in Toronto with her Viking husband and young Viking-in-training.

Vicki: Jennifer, my hubby says he's Thor, but I'll settle for Batman. lolol
 
Q and A WITH Jennifer:

Vicki:  I’m a huge handbag girl. What is your favorite accessory?
Jennifer: Ha! Love this one. I would say a scarf. But I am still awful at tying them :( I think they are the ultimate in fashion to tie an outfit together.

Vicki: How often do you get lost in a story?
Jennifer: Unfortunately for my husband, usually seven days a week when I'm working on a story. Once my head is in a ms I don't really want to pull it out. I take breaks between books.

Vicki: What’s your favorite fairy tale?
Jennifer: Cinderella, for sure. Beauty and the Beast a close second. To me nothing can beat the angst and reward of Cinderella finding her prince. Those awful stepsisters make me cringe.

Vicki: Can you tell us about a real-life hero you’ve met?
Jennifer: I would be tempted to say my dad because he is a brilliant orthopaedic surgeon who is the smartest person I know and an amazing father. If we're talking  fantasy heroes I did get on an elevator with Chris Noth once, Mr Big, from Sex and the City. I was literally speechless he was so tall and good looking. I didn't say a word to him but my girlfriends were combing the elevators for him after that.

Vicki: Where do you read and how often?
Jennifer: Always and everywhere. In bed, on the beach, getting my nails done, on the subway… My Kindle is amazing for that.

Vicki: What’s your favorite movie of all time?
Jennifer: I might have to go with Pretty Woman - it's the ultimate romantic fantasy with a twist. I also LOVE the original Rocky. Who doesn't love an underdog?

Vicki: Who’s your favorite villain?
Jennifer: I'm going to go with a bit of a selfish answer here as the villain in my current release, The Magnate's Manifesto, has been provoking a real emotional response from readers. His name is Alexander and he is after my heroine, Bailey, and he is a bad bad man. I wanted him beyond repair, beyond redemption and I think he is. He made me cringe while writing him.

Vicki: Do you write while listening to music? If so what kind?
Jennifer: Never while revising but yes, sometimes while I'm writing. Depends on my mood and the scene I'm writing. When I revise I read the manuscript out loud so music just can't happen

Vicki: If you couldn’t be a writer anymore, what profession would you take up? Jennifer: I'd run a coffee shop. I just love hanging out with people.

Vicki: Do you read reviews of your books? If so, do you pay any attention to them, or let them influence your writing?
Jennifer: I do. I learn from my reviews and I love that. But I have also learned that every reader is an individual and for one person who loves a particular book, the next might not. Having this perspective helps keep me balanced when reading them.

Vicki: What dreams have been realized as a result of your writing?
Jennifer: I'm a full time writer now. I get up every day and write stories I love. I think of that so often when I make my first cup of coffee. How lucky I am to be doing what I love. I've worked at tough, demanding jobs, some I loved, some I hated. I know how wonderful it is to be able to do what you love.

Vicki: What is your favourite holiday food?
Jennifer: The Christmas turkey with mashed potatoes and stuffing. OMG. The best. My mom cooks it at Christmas, but all of my siblings alternate cooking for Thanksgiving. I just started listening to Christmas music in earnest this week. I really love the season!
 
Vicki: I've been listening to Christmas music for a month! LOL


FIND Jennifer at:
Contact: jennifer@jenniferhaywardromance.com 
Website: jenniferhaywardromance.com
Twitter: jenhayward_
Goodreads:https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/7126728.Jennifer_Hayward
Blogs: http://www.jenniferhaywardromance.com/blog/

 
UP NEXT: I have a very exciting project coming up in 2015! I’m kicking off Harlequin Present’s Society Weddings series in April with The Italian’s Deal for I Do, where we bring you the globe’s four sexiest bachelors who are being forced to do the one thing they swore they’d never do – marry! And boy is it fun to watch. Sorry the cover isn't available yet!
 
Vicki: Wow, Jennifer, that sounds like a fun book. Keep us posted


PREVIOUS RELEASES:
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
GOT A QUESTION YOU’D LIKE TO ASK YOUR FANS?
Jennifer: What kind of hero is your favourite to read?

 
Let's giveaway a copy of my debut, The Divorce Party. Open international. Be sure to leave your email in the comments with your answer!

 

 

 

 

8 comments:

  1. A great post thank you.

    As to heroes. I love them all. A different one for each day of the month I think.

    marypres(AT)gmail(DOT)com

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Mary! I agree on heroes. Well said. #longliveheroes Thanks for dropping by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great seeing you here, Jennifer! My favorite heroes are men in uniform...and cowboys:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like my heroes a little alpha-ish. :) But not too much or he would be too bossy!

    maybe31 at yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Jan! Oh yes!! Men in uniform and cowboys. Love both. And I hear you May :) I like my alphas a bit 'evolved' but still ultra tough! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  6. alphas

    bn100candg at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I thought I had a favourite hero, but lately I've read several books where the hero didn't fall under my type. In those cases, I think the story was key. That said, I have to agree with May that the alpha male is key.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Totally hear you Catherine! A great story can make up for me if the hero isn't 100% up my alley! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete