6/17/2015

Meet REGAN WALKER, our newest crew member!

E.E. here, to introduce you to our newest crew member. Let's give a big HUZZAH to bestselling historical romance author Regan Walker.

I met Regan at an RWA conference a couple years ago, but I'd been following her blog for some time. This fascinating lady is serious about her historical romance. She's my type of romance author because she weaves rich historical detail with passionate romance. 

Shirley Busbee calls her romances "riveting." Virginia Henley says "exciting." I say, HUZZAH! 

When I found out how much research Regan does to ensure accuracy, I knew we would be soul sisters for life! (I'm a research geek, too, in case you hadn't figured that out.) 

Californian by artist William Lowe
In fact, Regan set sail on a reproduction of a period schooner (the one in the William Lowe painting to the left) to do research for her current novel, To Tame the Wind

You can watch an interview with Barbara Vey to find out more about her adventure. It involves sailors...er, I mean sailor's manuals. 

Regency & Georgian

Her latest novel, To Tame the Wind, a prequel to her Agents of the Crown series, is set in England and France in 1782. It's the story of Capt. Simon Powell, an English privateer, and the wild Claire Donet, a French pirate's daughter, who became the parents of Sir Martin and Capt. Jean Nicholas Powell, heroes in books 2 & 3. 

To Tame the Wind is also book 1 in the Donet duology. 

Echo in the Wind, the  story of Claire's dashing pirate father, is planned for 2016. 

Against the Wind is a finalist for the RONE award and To Tame the Wind is on the "short list" for the Best Self-Published Work of 2015, awarded by Books Go Social.

Historical Novellas

Regan also has three novellas out, including The Holly & The Thistle, The Shamrock & the Rose, and The Twelfth Night Wager. 

Medieval Romance

She recently began a medieval romance series that includes:

The Red Wolf's Prize, 2014
Rogue Knight, coming in Fall 2015

Besides writing, Regan reads...a lot. She's a top reviewer on both Amazon and Goodreads. Her "other" blog is dedicated to lovers of historical romance. http://reganromancereview.blogspot.com

Regan, in her own words...

I loved to write stories as a child, particularly those about adventure-loving girls, but by the time I got to college more serious pursuits were encouraged. One of my professors suggested a career in law, and I took that path. Years of serving clients in private practice and several stints in high levels of government gave me a love of international travel and a feel for the demands of the “Crown.” Hence my romance novels often involve a demanding sovereign who taps his subjects for “special assignments.” Each of my novels features real history and real historic figures. And, of course, adventure and love.

An interesting fact about me is that I had never read a romance until 2009. Since then I've posted 800 reviews on Amazon (with a 91% helpful rating), one of their top reviewers. Same on Goodreads. And once I discovered historical romance, my passion, I never looked back. I like the deep historicals, the ones that stick with me long after I've read the last page. You can see my Top 20 list here

Regan and Kaki
on Jacobite Steam Train
I recently took a trip to Scotland with author Kaki Warner (she's up for a RITA this year for her book, Where the Horses Run).

Regan in the heather
It was a research trip for me as I eventually plan to write a trilogy of romances from Skye's deep past, a series I've been contemplating since before I wrote my first Regency.

Regan and a fellow Walker
at the Highland Games in Pitlochry
Regan is a member of The Beau Monde, Celtic Hearts and Seattle and San Diego chapters of RWA. She's very active on Facebook, Goodreads and Pinterest. Here's where you can find her:

Website    
Amazon Author page  
Twitter @RegansReview    

Regan lives in San Diego with her golden retriever, Link, who she says inspires her every day to relax and smell the roses.

Welcome to Get Lost in a Story, Regan!  

33 comments:

  1. Just to see all of the books lined up; totally swoon worthy.

    marypres(AT)gmail(DOT)com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Mary. Thanks for the kind thought. I do hope you will try some!

      Delete
  2. I'm so glad to be a part of Get Lost in the Story... I have loved this blog forever and am honored to be one of the authors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A big welcome to Regan! We love having another historical romance author joining the crew, and I'm so honored to be able to introduce her, being an big admirer! Can you hear me clapping? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You and Angi are too kind, E.E. It's my pleasure. And you know that I love your Western stories!

      Delete
  4. Welcome to Get Lost in a Story Regan !
    Can't wait to see who you interview and I have your book on my TBR pile !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Angi. Well, you can expect historical romance authors. And thanks so much for considering To Tame the Wind!

      Delete
  5. Seeing all your titles together is great! Also reminded me (because you know I can't remember from one moment to the next) about Echo in the Wind which has me waiting patiently (haha).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Dee. Yes, well, Echo will be awhile in coming if I write the 3rd medieval first, Rebel Warrior. And then there's The Secret Scottish Christmas.

      Delete
  6. Hi, Regan! I can't remember where we met, only that we have. So exciting you are with us at GLIAS. Many hugs, vb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your name is very familiar to me, Vicki, but it could be I see you on all your books! Thanks for the warm welcome.

      Delete
  7. Welcome Regan. Nice to see you here.

    I can attest that Regan's books are great - particularly her Agent of the Crowne Series. I'm anxious to start reading her medieval series. I was priviledged in that I got to betaread To Tame the Wind and offer my suggestions particularly with the French wording. And boy! What a story. It's my favorite among those books of hers that I've read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Liette! Thanks for the endorsement! And do let me know what you think of The Red Wolf's Prize. Can't wait.

      Delete
  8. Regan is totally awesome and her books are great! Thanks for introducing me tothis blog :) -Aleen D.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Aleen! I'm so delighted you are now on the Ravens team!

      Delete
  9. HI! Regan. Although I have not read any of her books yet, I recently meet her at a book party and it was instant love for her <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Sissie. What book party was that? Can't wait to hear what you think of my stories!

      Delete
  10. I haven't as yet read any of Regan's books, I really ought to remedy this. How wonderful to have been on a period schooner, I'd love to go on one of them

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Libby, you should. To Tame the Wind is a great place to begin!

      Delete
  11. It was enjoyable seeing you are now at GLAIS. I'll stop in more and will follow the blog to keep up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wonderful, Eileen. I'll be hosting other authors, some who have kindly hosted me!

      Delete
  12. Hi Regan. Welcome and you joined a great team. GLIAS has the best authors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think so, too, Tammy. Thanks for the welcome!

      Delete
  13. Waving to another Newbie on the Blog! So nice to meet you here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Nan. I just love being a part of GLIAS.

      Delete
  14. Love the cover of this book, sounds like my kind of read. Entering under the name of Virginia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you like my cover. I designed it. And the couple's image was a custom shoot so I could get that 18th century feel. Do let me know how you like To Tame the Wind.

      Delete
  15. Love the cover of this book, sounds like my kind of read. Entering under the name of Virginia

    ReplyDelete