8/13/2015

Caridad Pineiro's SHADOWS OPS

FIGHT THE SHADOWS

A Shadows Ops Thriller

He had never given up hope of finding his wife’s killers . . .

Marine Staff Sergeant Rick Sanchez had survived two tours of duty and returned home to join the New York City Police Department. He’d found something besides his calling at the Police Academy: he found the love of his life. When his wife is killed three years later by gang thugs, Rick feels betrayed by the police department that calls it a drug deal gone bad and claims his wife was dirty. He quits the force and vows to get to the truth, but he doesn’t foresee the danger coming at him from both the street gang and a pint-sized warrior who threatens to steal his heart again.

She had clawed her way out of the barrio and hated being drawn back into that life . . .

Patricia Morales had worked hard to build a better life for herself outside the crime-ridden section of New York City where her family had settled after leaving Honduras. It wasn’t easy, especially after her father was killed in a car accident. But she’d joined the National Guard and found a way to a better life for her family. Deployed as part of Joint Task Force Empire Shield, she hopes to one day help her half-brother out of the gang life. When her half- criminal activities may involve a possible terrorist threat, Patricia must face her past and deal with her attraction to a man determined to send her half-brother to jail for a murder he didn’t commit.

Read a Little, Buy the Book


NY Times and USA Today Bestseller CARIDAD PINEIRO is a Jersey Girl who writes romantic suspense, military romance, contemporary romance, paranormal romance, and vampire suspense. Caridad loves to travel, cook, & spend time with family & friends. Caridad is the author of nearly 50 novels/novellas. Caridad writes dark and sexy novels and novellas for those who live to love on the edge. Her sweet, but still naughty side, Charity Pineiro, writes contemporary romances packed with emotion and humor.

THE Q&A
ANGI: Can you tell us about a real-life hero you’ve met?
CARIDADMy brother-in-law is a NYPD homicide detective and I consider him a hero for doing a very difficult job.  It’s not easy finding out who ended someone’s life and dealing with not only finding the criminals, but handling the relatives of the victims.

ANGI: What’s your favorite cartoon character?
CARIDAD:  I think I love Batman the best.  Great tortured hero!

ANGI: Where do you read and how often?
CARIDAD: I unfortunately don’t get to do much reading during the fall and winter and totally catch up during the spring and summer during marathon sessions on the beach.  I just love being tucked under my umbrella, reading!

ANGI: Benedict Cumberbatch or Chris Pine?
CARIDAD: Chris Pine!  I love him!

ANGI: What’s your favorite meal?
CARIDAD: I’m a simple girl and love a good burger!

ANGI: What do you like about the hero of your book?
CARIDAD: I like that Rick is determined to find justice, but not to the point where he loses sight of the facts.  When confronted with the truth about his wife’s killers, he handles it in a way that helps the heroine’s half-brother even though doing so is an admission that he was wrong.

ANGI: Is there a playlist you’d recommend for reading your latest release?
CARIDAD: Wow, that’s a tough one.  I’m not normally someone who listens to music while writing.  I actually watch videos when I write.  But for this story, I relied on my everyday experiences in traveling on subways in NYC.

ANGI: Where do you like to be alone?
CARIDAD: I like to be alone on my little balcony, reading or writing.

ANGI: What’s your favorite color? Do you know why?
CARIDAD: It’s red.  I always think of it as the color of love and passion and that fits me since I’m a hopeful romantic.

ANGI: Would you rather be in a Fairy Tale or Action Adventure?
CARIDAD: Action adventure.

ANGI: What’s your favorite rerun on television?
CARIDAD: Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

ANGI: What’s your favorite movie of all time?
CARIDAD: That’s a tough one for sure!  I’d have to say The Replacements.  I could watch that movie over and over and over again.

ANGI: What's your most favorite thing to do in your state?
CARIDAD: Go down the shore!

ANGI: Who’s your favorite villain?
CARIDAD: Hannibal Lechter.

ANGI: Hiking Boots or Dancing Heels?
CARIDAD: Hiking boots.

ANGI: How is it working with hot guys and sexy women all day?
CARIDAD: It’s a tough job, but someone has to do it! LOL!

ANGI’S GOTTA ASK: What is your best wish come true?

CARIDAD’S GOTTA ANSWER: My best wish come true was getting published.  I’d wanted to be a writer and have a book published since the 5th grade, when I wrote my first book.  When it happened after a long long long time, it was AMAZING!

FIND CARIDAD
Contact   Website   Facebook   Twitter @CaridadPineiro
Goodreads   Pinterest   Instagram    Google+   Blog   
Previous GLIAS appearance

UP NEXT for CARIDAD
ONE NIGHT OF PLEASURE
Take a Chance Military Romance # 5

Read a little, Buy the book

PREVIOUS RELEASES by CARIDAD
For a complete list of Caridad’s books visit her website.

STAY THE NIGHT
Take a Chance Military Romance # 4
Read a little, Buy the book

TO LOVE AND SERVE
The Calling is Reborn #13
Read a little, Buy the book

BORN TO LOVE
The Calling is Reborn #14

Read a little, Buy the book

CARIDAD is giving away  a $10.00 Gift Card.
Note: COMMENTERS are encouraged to leave a contact email address to speed the prize notification process. Offer void where prohibited. Prizes will be mailed to North America addresses only unless specifically mentioned in the post. Odds of winning vary due to the number of entrants. Winners of drawings are responsible for checking this site in a timely manner. If prizes are not claimed in a timely manner, the author may not have a prize available. Get Lost In A Story cannot be responsible for an author's failure to mail the listed prize. GLIAS does not automatically pass email addresses to guest authors unless the commenter publicly posts their email address.

ANGI'S back next Sunday with
KENDALL TALBOTT
UP NEXT ON GLIAS:  Nancy Haddock

Get Lost on Goodreads, Facebook
or @GetLostInAStory  #GetLostStories
CARIDAD WANTS TO KNOW: I love writing stories about military heroes and also law enforcement heroes.  Do you love stories with these alpha males (and females) and if so, do you have a favorite?  Seals?  Police Officers? Marines?

17 comments:

  1. Glad you're here today, Caridad !
    How's the shore?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for letting me visit with you! I really appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Caridad! :)
    Enjoyed the Q&A! As for a fav type of hero or heroine... that is a hard one for me... I enjoy so many types... but the ones that really stand out for me are ones that touch my emotions!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally agree, Colleen! I love characters that touch me that way.

      Delete
  4. Enjoyed the Q&A. I'm partial to Army Rangers as Our oldest is in the Army and his oldest son, our Grandson, is a Ranger.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want to thank you and your family for your service! Also, many thanks for coming by to visit!

      Delete
  5. I'm partial to alpha heroes of all types, but the military guys are my fav.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't know if I can pick just one! I did recently finish What To Do With A Bad Boy by Marie Harte and Mike is definitely one of my favorite alpha males ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Any alpha hero will do! Thanks for the chance!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love alphas as well, but I also like the strong women who can stand up to them!

      Delete
  8. I don't have a favorite its usually the one I am reading about at the time! Entering under the name of Virginia

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't have a favorite its usually the one I am reading about at the time! Entering under the name of Virginia

    ReplyDelete