September 5th (Saturday) is National Be Late For Something Day
September 6th (Sunday) is National Fight Procrastination Day(Personally--I don't need a special day to celebrate Be Late For Something. However, fighting procrastination? I could definitely use someone to show me how that's done!
QUESTION 1: Are you a procrastinator or do you NEVER procrastinate--and how does however you answered affect your writing process for good or evil?
QUESTION 2: If there was one thing you'd improve about yourself (other than anything to do with looks) what would that be?
2. What I'd like to improve about myself might seem obvious from my first answer--but what I'd really like is to be able to stand up for myself a little more. I care too much about what others think of me, and often that leads me to agree to things that aren't helpful to me. I think, maybe, this contributes some to the procrastination, too.
1. Ohh, this is an interesting question. I prefer to think that I'm not a procrastinator -- but that I prioritize my tasks. During the work day, writing always comes first. (But I do write 7 days a week) So - am I procrastinating completing my tax return for 2014 because I filed an extension? Yes, yes I am!
2. I would improve my sleep habits. Unfortunately, I have a terrible time falling to sleep. I would love to pop out of bed at 7 -- but that is really hard for me if I can't get to sleep before 2.
1. I procrastinate by taking care of everything that might interfere with writing…leaving no time to write. Then I have to procrastinate doing everything else in order to finish the book.
2.If I could change anything, I’d keep my promises to myself. That includes going to work out, working for myself, doing creative things, visiting people, taking trips and working jigsaw puzzles.
If you like romantic suspense books, don’t be a procrastinator. Angi’s next series is up for pre-order. Be good to yourself with an early Valentine’s gift: Bulletproof Badge, book 1 of the TEXAS RANGERS: Elite Troop series.
1. I'm not a procrastinator, but I do get distracted easily--
Too many things vie for my attention: email, social media, the laundry--
You can imagine how this gets in the way of my writing--
2. Improve my focus (ha!). Might require more than self-help.
I did manage to overcome my distractions long enough to get a fourth book written in the Steam! Series, this summer. FUGITIVE HEARTS Here's the blurb1
“Sheriff…I just shot my husband.”
Hotel owner Claire Daines is a respected member of the community. Until she
Is she a killer? Is she crazy? Or is she covering up something worse?
For years, Claire hushed up her husband’s dangerous condition to guard his reputation. When tragedy strikes, she puts her own life at risk when she vows to keep another terrible secret.
Sheriff Frank Garrity must get to the truth, although the tough, hard-drinking lawman hides his own secrets and would rather walk a lonely path than face his demons. But as Frank unravels Claire’s subterfuge and unlocks her heart, he’s torn between his desire to save her and his duty to bring her to justice.
1. I am a procrastinator sometimes. If I am doing big time search and replace with better words edits, my brain gets fried. I have to get up quite frequently and do something else (hopefully, not snack!!!). So I actually put other things in front and then tackle, other things, tackle, and repeat.
2. I wish I was a good runner. When I was nine, I almost had double pneumonia. I was absent from school for a month and afterwards, did little physical activity. I always felt I had bad lungs and was why I can't run long distance. Several years ago, I tried and made it up to 2something miles. That was it. I did that stretch for a while and then when the temp dropped below 30, I didn't go out and returned to aerobics. I haven't run two since. Everyone else looks like a gazelle to me.
Available as of September 1 is Season of Surprises, a holiday anthology featuring my funny and sweet short story, "Holiday Handbag Extravaganza." Here's a little tease:
For more information click on the Season of Surprises Facebook Page HERE
What about you? Do you procrastinate? Or are you organized? Do you have something you'd love to improve? Inquiring minds want to know!
And fine. Here are a couple for National Blueberry Popsicle month!!
a Rafflecopter giveaway