I thought it might be fun to mix things up a bit for today's post. Instead of the usual interview, I asked Janie to share some fun facts about her series, and the latest books in particular. I always love peeking behind the curtain, and I hope you'll enjoy it, too!
ARMORED ATTRACTION and MAN OF ACTION are both part of the Omega Sector: Critical Response series for Harlequin Intrigue. Armored Attraction hits shelves this week and Man of Action in mid-June.
Today, some FUN FACTS from the latest two Omega Sector: Critical Response books.
One secret can change everything
It's been eight years since Liam Goetz has seen his ex-fiancé. Vanessa Epperson had everything: beauty, brains…and a family fortune. He chose her, while she chose a life of luxury and never imagined their paths would cross again. An unexpected phone call from Vanessa—desperate for his help in a human trafficking case—resurrects old longings. As they work together to save hostages and catch a predator, Liam begins to learn some shocking truths—about himself and the woman he thought he once knew so well…
Fun Facts about ARMORED ATTRACTION:
- Liam Goetz is one of the most outrageous characters I’ve ever written. He makes an appearance in the first two books in the series where he almost gets knocked out cold by fellow agents for kissing their women.
- The titles for ARMORED ATTRACTION and MAN OF ACTION accidentally got switched by my publisher. Liam’s book should’ve been MAN OF ACTION. Here’s the line from the book that references the would-be title:
Everything in him said to get her out of there right now. Liam was a man of action. But he knew in this case, rushing in there, pulling rank—and he could do it—wouldn’t help their cause. Wouldn’t help those girls. Vanessa was strong. She could handle it.
By the time we caught the problem it was too late, but ARMORED ATTRACTION certain works as the title for this book also
- ARMORED ATTRACTION is set in the Outer Banks of North Carolina. For twenty years I lived in Virginia Beach and our family vacationed there often.
Buy ARMORED ATTRACTION here:
★ Amazon: http://bit.ly/ArmoredAtt
★ B&N: http://bit.ly/1UkKrRH
★ iBook: http://apple.co/1nNBemq
MAN OF ACTION
He was a man of action—especially when it came to protecting his new undercover partner…
At nineteen, Andrea Gordon's life was forever changed. After proving herself instrumental in a bank hostage crisis, she became one of Omega Sector's top agents. Four years later, her skill at reading people is unrivaled—until she meets fellow profiler Brandon Han. Paired together to track a serial killer who has been targeting at-risk women, the two become entangled beyond the case. Their mutual attraction deepens as they get closer to the truth. But when Andrea's own sordid past surfaces, they will both be forced to question everything about the assignment…and each other.
Fun Facts about MAN OF ACTION:
- MAN OF ACTION was not originally a part of my proposal for the Omega Sector: Critical Response series. But for scheduling purposes, Harlequin needed an even number of books, so asked for a brief outline of another story. Brandon and Andrea’s book was born and became one of my favorite ever.
- In the first version of the manuscript, Andrea was a sassy, outspoken ex-stripper who didn’t care who knew about her past. Brandon was a straight-laced profiler from a wealthy family. Those character backgrounds ended up not being right for this story –but became Keira and Roman, who have their own book in the 2017 Omega Sector: Targeted series.
- My favorite line of this book: “She’d known from the beginning she needed to keep her past a secret. Announcing to her colleagues that she was a runaway, dyslexic, high school dropout, who, oh yeah, used to be an exotic dancer, would not inspire much confidence in her.”
Buy MAN OF ACTION here:
★ Amazon: http://bit.ly/ManOfActionJC
★ B&N: http://bit.ly/1MkFYM3
★ iBook: http://apple.co/22tSoIV
JANIE CROUCH’s books have been nominated for both the 2014 and 2015 Romantic Times (RT) Reviewer’s Choice Award and various other awards. She currently lives on an American military base in Stuttgart, Germany with her hubby and four kids. Unfortunately, ihr Deutsch ist nicht sehr gut zur Zeit. She loves travelling, adventure racing, and movies of all kinds.
Connect with Janie:
Thanks for stopping by today, Janie! Tell me readers, what's your favorite fun fact?