6/02/2016

The Morning Glory Series Kicks Off

Angi & Amy at a Harlequin Party
I'm so glad to have my long-time friend back with us to "get lost". CHARMINGLY YOURS sounds wonderful (can't wait to read it) and I wish Amy Liz all the luck in publishing with her new series !

CHARMINGLY YOURS


For Rosemary Reynolds, life in tiny Morning Glory, Mississippi, is just like the fabric store she runs: it seems she’s always waiting around for someone else to make the first stitch. Then a dear childhood friend passes away, leaving behind a gift that sends Rosemary on a once-in-a-lifetime adventure.

Despite her mother’s protests, Rosemary heads to New York City for a stay in her cousin’s trendy SoHo loft. On her first day in town, a wrong turn leads her to Little Italy…and into the arms of handsome, outgoing Sal Genovese. Sal’s mother wants him to marry a longtime family friend, but to him, Rosemary is a breath of fresh country air, and he’s happy to show her a good time. Soon, Rosemary is swept up in a world she thought only existed in movies. To turn a two-week fling into a forever thing, she and Sal will have to make every moment count.

Read a Little, Buy the Book



A finalist in both RWA's prestigious Golden Heart award and RITA award, Liz Talley has found a home writing sassy contemporary romance. Her stories are set in the South where the tea is sweet, the summers are hot and the men are hotter. Liz lives in North Louisiana with her childhood sweetheart, two handsome children, three dogs and a mean kitty. You can visit Liz at www.liztalleybooks.com to learn more about her upcoming books.

FIND LIZ
Website         Facebook   Amazon         Twitter @amyliztalley  Goodreads     
Previous GLIAS interviews



ANGI: How often to you get lost in a story?
LIZ: As often as possible. Seriously. As often as possible.

ANGI: Hugh Jackman or Chris Pine?
LIZ: Hugh Jackman. Who is Chris Pine? LOL. I’m so not current on stuff.

ANGI: What’s your favorite meal?
LIZ: I love a lot of food. Recently, I’ve developed a fondness for Brussel sprouts. Which is weird because I’ve never been a huge veggie fan. I also like cheese. Wine and a cheese plate is almost ideal.

ANGI: What do you like about the hero of your book?
LIZ: He’s authentic. Sal has always been head-strong and slightly impulsive, and that’s never worked out for him. So as he hits 30 years old, he’s started questioning his life. When Rosemary lands in his world, he starts yearning once again for a life he thought he could never have, a life different than the one his parents have planned for him. So, I like that he’s relatable and not totally perfect. He doubts himself and his ability to make good decisions for his life and that complicates the romance.

ANGI: What might we find in your heroine's purse?
LIZ: A good ink pen, Kate Spade wallet, Lilly Pulitzer planner, small first aid kit, breath mints, extra Elizabeth Arden lipstick, hand sanitizer and a funny keychain her friend Lacy bought her at a gag shop.

ANGI: Superman or Batman?
LIZ: Superman

ANGI: Would you rather be in a Fairy Tale or Action Adventure?
LIZ: Action Adventure. I fancy myself a survivalist. LOL

ANGI: What’s always on your desk when you’re writing?
LIZ: several empty coffee cups. I “lose” them and get new ones. Then I find them behind books and pencil cups.

ANGI: Hiking Boots or Dancing Heels?
LIZ: Heels – pretty ones. Designer ones. This is a fantasy thing, right?

ANGI: Are you a Bourne Identify fan? Favorite thing about Bourne’s return?
LIZ: I’ve seen a few. Don’t know anything about a return.

ANGI’S GOTTA ASK: What’s one thing from your bucket list?

LIZ HAS GOTTA ANSWER:  I really want to travel to Tahiti. I cut out a picture the first year my husband and I were married and promised myself one day we’d go there together. I’ve never seen anything prettier than that water.

UP NEXT FOR LIZ
PERFECTLY CHARMING
A Morning Glory Novel, #2
Read a little, Buy the book
Available Sept 27th

Morning Glory native Jess Culpepper is desperate to get out of town after divorcing the only man she’s ever dated. She takes a temporary nursing job in Florida and, thanks to the bequest of her late friend, Lacy, has the funds to rent a condo right on the beach. She’s not prepared to literally trip over her old high school lab partner—and definitely not prepared for how deliciously hot he is now.

Ryan Reyes, once known as “The Brain,” has worked hard to become more than the skinny nerd that jocks bullied and girls politely tolerated. At twenty-six, he has retired from science to run a charter fishing business in Pensacola and spend his leisure time catching up on the debauchery he missed. But when the unattainable girl of his teenage fantasies moves in down the beach, old feelings come flooding back.


Their scorching attraction soon leads them into bed—but what starts as no-strings-attached fun is complicated by a return to Morning Glory and the shadows of their shared past. Can the head cheerleader and the geek redefine themselves and forge ahead to find their happily ever after?

PREVIOUS RELEASES by LIZ 
Find them all on her website.

COWBOY CRUSH
Harlequin Blaze

Read a little, Buy the book  

LIZ is giving away a print or digital copy of Charmingly Yours and a $10 starbucks gift card. North America readers.

Note: COMMENTERS are encouraged to leave a contact email address to speed the prize notification process. Offer void where prohibited. Prizes will be mailed to North America addresses only unless specifically mentioned in the post. Odds of winning vary due to the number of entrants. Winners of drawings are responsible for checking this site in a timely manner. If prizes are not claimed in a timely manner, the author may not have a prize available. Get Lost In A Story cannot be responsible for an author's failure to mail the listed prize. GLIAS does not automatically pass email addresses to guest authors unless the commenter publicly posts their email address.

ANGI'S back tomorrow with
FIRST FRIDAYS with the CREW
Get Lost on Goodreads, Facebook
or @GetLostInAStory  #GetLostStories
LIZ  WANTS TO KNOW: If you found out you had only one  more month to live, what one adventure or bold thing you’ve always wanted to try would you do?

15 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Angi! I always love to visit here :)

      Delete
  2. I am not the adventurous type, but I would love to see either Hawaii or Ireland... thanks for sharing... really loving that cowboy cover! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's nice to look at, no? Both of those places sound lovely. I could "adventure" at either!

      Delete
  3. Probably travel--and work on the TBR! It's huge--a month is a drop in the bucket!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very true. It's not long but I admire your dedication to books ;) Gotta love a gal who leaves nothing unfinished.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Travel. Australia and New Zealand have been among my dream destinations but I could be away from my furbabies for too long.

    Jeanie Whitmire Jackson
    idreamjj@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Could NOT be away from my furbabies very long. DUH

      Delete
    2. I knew what you meant;). And I'm with you, the dogs go with me.

      Delete
  6. Ahh Liz - This series sounds like so much fun. Congratulations. I've always loved your stories.
    I would travel - but would want to take my family with me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Nan. I'm with you - family. And dogs. And eating lots of dessert.

      Delete
  7. I would go to Ireland---the majority of our ancestors were from there--- and I would also like to travel on the Orient Express. Yes, having family go 'with' is essential.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Travel to Scotland with my family

    ReplyDelete
  9. travel

    bn100candg at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would spend as much time as possible with my two children and three grandchildren and show them how much I love them.

    The book sounds like a fabulous read. I have added it to my must read list.

    ReplyDelete