7/07/2016

Welcome back Nancy Holland--with her newest "Secret"!


I’m super excited to welcome back our guest today. Nancy Holland is not only a terrific writer, she’s a friend and writing partner, and I love her stories. I know you will, too, so I’m truly happy she agreed to come and share her brand new novel Found: One Secret Baby, from Harper Impulse UK. Please give a warm GLIAS welcome to Nancy Holland.

A LITTLE ABOUT NANCY
Born in California (and always a California girl at heart), I'm now a teacher in the Upper Midwest. My husband and I are lucky enough to have two smart, wonderful children who live on opposite coasts of the US.

FOUND: ONE SECRET BABY
LA lawyer Rosalie Walker will do whatever it takes to protect her foster son. She promised his mother before she died that she’d keep him safe from his father's toxic family. So when a delectable Morgan Danby walks into her office in search of his nephew, she must keep the baby in her care a secret—even if one look from Morgan makes her want to share everything with him. 
As a favor to his step-mother, Morgan is searching for his incarcerated step-brother's child. He can tell Rosalie is hiding something and the temptation to seduce her for her secret is strong, but will he be able to handle the consequences once all is revealed?
 

ENJOY AN EXCERPT:
Morgan led her down a wooden staircase onto the beach. Rosalie stopped on the bottom step to slip off her sandals, shivering in the cool, damp wind that blew in the smell of salt and fish. Before she could stop him, he’d slid out of his jacket and put it across her shoulders, which enveloped her in the very different salt and tang of his body.
She shivered again, but not from cold. He put his arm around her waist while they walked down to the flat stretch of solid sand left behind by the tide. The moon left a trail of light across the water. To the south, the land and its lights curved out into the sea. To the north, the dark mass of the mountains showed only an isolated light here and there. Behind them sprawled a huge metropolis, but it felt as if they were all alone in the world on the moon-lit beach.
            They walked north in a comfortable quiet after the pleasant intensity of their conversation over dinner. She tried once or twice to mention the custody battle, but the rhythmic rush of the waves lulled her into silence. Finally she let her thoughts scatter like the reflections on the ocean.
            When they reached the fenced edge of a private beach, Morgan stopped and turned her toward him to hold her in his arms.
            She wasn’t sure how she realized he meant to kiss her, but one moment they were two people who'd shared a pleasant conversation and the next moment the air between them had become an oven of desire and need, despite the fog creeping in around them.
            She gave a tiny nod. He lowered his head slowly, as if afraid he might startle her. Unable to raise her arms to his shoulders because of the coat, she wrapped them around his waist and pulled him closer. His half-closed eyes sprang open and he smiled.
            His lips touched hers, and the world spun away. All that existed for her was the warmth where their lips touched, explored, nibbled, but still she smelled the sea and felt the damp sand under her feet.

PURCHASE THE BOOK

AND NOW FOR SOME FUN WITH NANCY – Q&A TIME:

LIZ: What was your favorite book as a child?
NANCY: Depends on what age -- I loved the Little House books when I was younger, then the Narnia books, and The Lord of the Rings when I was a little older (I first read it when I was 12 or 13).

LIZ: Time for a mini blitz!
a)      Favorite color?
b)      Song?
c)      Movie?
d)     Summer or winter?
e)      Morning or Night?
f)       Rain or shine?
g)      Sweet or salty?
NANCY:
a)      Blue
b)      "A Song for You" by Leon Russell
c)      "Lawrence of Arabia"
d)     Summer!
e)      Morning
f)       Rain
g)      Sweet

LIZ: Name three things on your desk right now.
NANCY:
Just the essentials, beside my computer -- sticky notes in a variety of colors, shapes, and sizes (my husband likes to buy whimsical ones to put in my Christmas stocking); pens of various ink colors and types; and a cup of black coffee.

LIZ: Where is your favorite place to write?
NANCY: On my front porch on a warm, sunny day with a breeze blowing through. (Had to specify warm because it can be sunny and very cold in the winter in Minnesota. Not porch weather!)

LIZ: What’s on your bucket list for this year?
NANCY: Seeing my eighty-five-year-old aunt for the first time in over twenty years while I'm in San Diego for RWA.

LIZ HAS GOTTA ASK: What’s the most personal thing you’ve ever put in one of your books?
NANCY: I have a friend who's dying of the same disease that killed Rosalie's mother. I wrote this book in part as a tribute to her unbroken spirit.

DO YOU HAVE A QUESTION YOU’D LIKE TO ASK YOUR FANS?
Do you prefer stories set in the classic romance cities of New York and London, or do you like learning more about US cities that get less attention, like Los Angeles or Chicago?


I'll give away an e-copy of FOUND: ONE SECRET BABY to one commenter today.

CONTACT NANCY:
E-mail: nancy@nancyhollandwriter.com
Website: nancyhollandwriter.com                
Facebook: Nancy Holland
Twitter: nancyholland5

CHECK OUT NANCY'S PREVIOUS RELEASE
OWED: ONE WEDDING NIGHT 

10 comments:

  1. I think that a great story can be set anywhere. Love my armchair travel.

    marypres(AT)gmail(DOT)com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's how I feel about it. But it does give you strange ideas of where you'd like to visit in person sometimes, like Friesland for us Betty Neels fans!

      Delete
  2. I hail from MN too! I do wish cities like MSP got more time in books than the normal coast ones that are the norm. Love to visit them via books, but once in a while...!
    JHolden955(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should check out Festivals of Love, a collection of MN-based stories published as a fundraiser by Midwest Fiction Writers. It includes stories by Liz and me!

      Delete
  3. Oh that cover with the baby on it makes me smile! :) I love books that bring me all over the world... love to experience so many locales along with the characters! Thanks for sharing! greenshamrock ATcoxDOTnet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked the post and the pictures. L.A. really can be very beautiful!

      Delete
  4. Hi Nancy! I'm so glad you're here today. You know I'm a big fan of your books and I'm very proud of this one--and you! You know me, I LOVE stories about unique cities and places. Personally, I get tired of New York and the classics (although probably not London-lol). Thanks for coming today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Liz! Thanks for hosting me again,and for the kind words about my book.

      Delete
  5. any

    bn100candg at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete