9/20/2018

Between the Pages w/Amanda McIntyre

A bit late in my apologies, but life is like this at times. News regarding personal injury to my brother came to me late Tuesday night and with him living on his own and us an hour away, it was one of those mad scramble "what do we do moments."
As it happens, my dh was off the next day and was able to take him to the ER, where he was admitted.

Result? Totally spaced off my blog for Between the Pages!  So I felt it might be a worthwhile conversation to  have when an authors life goes sideways...

I once was involved in co-writing with Lori Soard (mentor/writer/friend) a book called," So Your Muse Has Gone AWOL?"  It was a compilation of short stories (real-life) from  a great many authors--some very recognizable names, others newly published, others (back then) waiting to be published. The theme of the book was based on the many reasons that sometimes the muse takes a hike and how to get back in the saddle of writing again.

It was about realizing that you need to give yourself grace. That sometimes the answer is sit your butt in the chair and "do it." And other times, you need to walk a path unplanned for a bit to get back on track.

Life happens. We change/lose agents. We change/lose publishers. We change/lose people in our lives. We transition writing genres.

But in all of it, we can ask nothing more from readers or ourselves but GRACE.

Writing is not for the faint of heart. One of my fav quotes on writing comes from Ernest Hemingway who said, "There's nothing to writing. All you do is sit down at a typewriter and open a vein.”

Truer words were never spoken. Surrounded by peers online, at conferences, cruise's, book signings...the authors life of writing is a solitary paradox once you get down to brass tacks.

Good news is I  am writing...and rewriting the next book in my Last Hope Ranch series! I'm very excited. But I'm delving into this story with all of its twists and turns, ups and downs, joys and sorrows--all the while with unplanned surprises along the way (so much so that I've had to rewrite a few scenes!)

So I thank you for patience. Your grace (I hope) in missing a full day of the blog! But maybe I'll glean a few stranglers online tonight!


Peace be with you all and remember,
kindness matters!

Here's a taste of my next WIP!!

www.amandamcintyresbooks.com


Amanda 

No comments:

Post a Comment