11/22/2018

THANKSGIVING FUN


HAPPY THANKSGIVING !!

Let's have a bit of fun with the Crew and some quick questions about fall!









ANGI --My grandfather loved my pumpkin pie. My daughter wouldn't eat anyone else's. My husband asks me to make one every year. And I CAN NOT STAND IT !!  Please give me anything else. (Wait...I'm not really fond of custards.)

AMANDA --A "must!" It is my favorite pie year round, actually! But I'm very particular about how its made--not too custard-like, just the right balance of spices, the crust not burnt. Prefer with a bit of Redi-whip and a hot cup of coffee! Yum!!

E.E. -- Yes! But I make mine with LOTS of spices. And whip up fresh cream. Yum!

AVRIL -- Here in Australia, we're more likely to eat pumpkin scones (a scone is something like your biscuits), and I'm afraid I've never had either pie or scones of the pumpkin variety.

LIZBETH --  We adore pumpkin pie (not so much all the new pumpkin spice everything else, do you know they have pumpkin spice Special K cereal??). My husband is the master pie maker and his signature is that he NEVER uses canned pumpkin. Every year we cook up at least one pumpkin, blend and freeze it and we have fresh or frozen pumpkin to use whenever we want. A pie made from fresh pumpkin is so sweet and light. It's like candy. Nonetheless, we still like a little pie with our whipped cream!



WITH
ANGI --I must have marshmallows. If I don't...what's the point?

AVRIL -- Despite never having eaten it, I'm going out on a limb and saying with - because surely everything is better with marshmallows. 

LIZBETH -- I'm with Angi. There's not a lot of point in drinking hot chocolate without marshmallows. If I'm totally honest I will admit that hubby and I can go through 1/3 of a bag of mini marshmallows just drinking one mug of chocolate each. Sad.

WITHOUT
AMANDA --Is there such a thing as being ambidextrous about this?  Or it might be called "fickle."  Sorta depends on my mood and the flavor of the hot chocolate<g> If I have a splash Baileys in my hot chocolate , then I probably forego the fluffy pillows.

E.E. -- Real whipped cream! (Are you detecting a pattern here?)



ANGI --We're pretty traditional with a Thanksgiving turkey and the fixings. If I go out of town, I have my mom over early to fix the stuffing. No one makes it like she does.

AMANDA --Definitely traditional. All the traditions that my mom instilled each year, I have carried on in my family with her recipes. Each year depending on who gathers around our table, we've added other traditions and its become a true "gathering" of memories, laughter , food, and "family."  My fav is my moms cranberry relish which lends itself to some of the best leftover turkey sandwiches ever!!

E.E. -- Traditional turkey and all the fixin's. We have family recipes for dressing (two kinds). Mashed potatoes must be cooked and mashed from russet potates. I'm all about the gravy!

AVRIL -- Dare I confess, on the heels of pumpkin-pie-free existence - that I detest turkey? Seafood is the go-to here in Australia at this time of year, so give me prawns, lobster, crab, salads galore.



YES
Angi --Definitely ME, all year long.

E.E. - When I have to. I love leaves. I hate raking.

LIZBETH -- This is a yes with a condition--I only rake so my kids/grandkids can jump into the pile. We used to be assiduous rakers but now we let the lawnmower pick up the bulk of them just before snow falls and the rest turns into mulch or gets mowed up in the spring. We mow about 1 1/4 acres, however, so that's my excuse for not doing it by hand.

NO
Amanda --I love to run through them. However, where we moved to a year ago is in an area of young trees. I call them "Charlie Brown" trees, where the leaves are brilliant red and gold and then one day they all fall at once to the base of the skinny tree trunk. It seems heartless to rake them and compost them. LOL

AVRIL -- How I long to see an American autumn! We tend to be more evergreen in Sydney, Australia, except for the jacarandas which are blooming quite brilliantly at the moment.



Angi --The right answer is EVERY DAY. Am I right? But honestly, the perfect day for me goes back to my teen years when everything was canceled due to inclement weather. Before binge-watching, before gaming, before other distractions... I read. There's nothing like curling up with a great book on a rainy, blustery day.

E.E. -- Snowy, rainy, windy, by a big fire, sunny and on a beach! Any day is a good day to read!

AVRIL -- Every. Single. Day. In Australia, it's spring, heading into summer, so it's lovely to take a book to the local park and sit in the sun. But I confess, nothing's quite as good as being indoors on a cold day, reading. For me, though, there;s a special joy in the Sydney heat reading a book set in a snowy location!

LIZBETH -  Yes the right answer is "every day" but I have let life get so busy that the only time I pick up a book is after crawling into bed at night. I love the feeling of knowing I have to turn the life out but not being able to put the book down. I do listen to a lot of audio books, though. You can get through a lot of book during five hours of cleaning a barn!



THANKS FOR BEING A PART OF
OUR THANKSGIVING FAMILY !!


Find Angi's Books
Amazon | B&N | Google | iBooks | Kobo  | Walmart 

Find Nancy's Books

Find Avril's books
 Amazon | B&N | Google | iBooks | Kobo  

Find Amanda's Books
Amazon  |  BookBub | iBooks |  B&N | Kobo

Find Lizbeth's Books
Amazon B&N | iBooks | Kobo |  BookBub
Find Jacqui's Books
Jacqui Nelson - Fall in Love with a New Old West


WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE THANKSGIVING FOOD?

2 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving... favorite food... for the meal, mashed potatoes and gravy... for dessert, pumpkin pie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find authors on facebook when they are taking over for the day for another author or in some of the authors newsletters is how I find new authors. That is answering the first question and my fav holiday food is yams. Peggy Clayton

    ReplyDelete