3/25/2019

Amanda hosts #storiesoftheheart with Jane Lange

A child's marriage through a mother’s eyes. 
by Jane Lange

There is something magical about weddings. The joining of two families and two special people. There is something gratifying as a mother seeing your children on the happiest days of their lives. 

As we leave the long, cold tundra of Minnesota for the warmth of Las Vegas, for our oldest sons wedding, I feel both both  joy and a bit of sadness. 

Joy in that many of our friends and family are joining us for this special occasion. We are so fortunate to have the support of so many. We are more than blessed with our children’s spouses. One son in law, soon to be, two daughter in laws. 

A bit of sadness knowing our family circle is now complete. All of our children are married. Creating new family memories will be wonderful. 

As a mother of three married children, I have realized, I may not have always been perfect. As they say “you don’t get a handbook with children.”  I am proud of the children I raised who have strong faith and belief in marriage and the commitment to it. My children make me a better person. While I was teaching them, they were teaching me the most important things in life.

Not all days are perfect. When the day is done and it all settles down, our family circle is complete and strong and as a mother, I cannot ask for more than that. 

Jane Lange lives in Minnesota with her best friend, and husband of 35 years, Bryan. She is the mother of  3 grown children and 4 grandchildren, all boys. 

3 comments:

  1. I feel the same about the 3 kids that I raised in Ca and the one I came out and got to raise in Iowa you always wonder! Peggy Clayton

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGoodness, Jane! I loved reading your story.;) Congratulations on your son's wedding. I know exactly what you mean about not getting that handbook. You've done an amazing job. Cannot wait to get my hug at BLC19. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hurrah for #storiesoftheheart! Loved reading yours, Jane.

    ReplyDelete