4/08/2019

Amanda hosts #storiesoftheheart with Kimberly Marion

The Turning Point
by Kimberly Marion

Over the last 5 years I have taken care of my mother. Her health turned in Nov 2014. She was diagnosed with lung to brain cancer. I stood by her and helped her fight... I am still helping her fight. 

However somewhere in the fight I lost myself. I lost touch with friends and family. I stopped writing, art, reading (mostly), cooking and traveling. I gained 150 lbs (which I was already over weight). I plain lost myself. I was just existing.

I had a moment with family and my doctor that pointed out that I was losing myself and I knew better... that I deserved more for myself. I thought about what I could do to make a lasting change, because we have all tried changes that didn't last... So I thought about it and decided it was the 180° change that usually made people crack. It was to fast and to much to assimilate.
 
I started with giving up fast food entirely and putting on makeup 2 times a week. This lasted 3 weeks and once I was used to it I added something else small and kept those first pieces. I added 1 water a day and 10 mins of walking in place 3 times a week. For 2 weeks. 


Then I kept adding... I'm still adding. And I've lost 130 lbs. I've also fallen in love with a great guy who sees me and loves everything about me. I live each day with a positive attitude and try and pass it on.

 Kimberly Lynn works as an RN-MSN in Orthopedic post-operative care and as an Integrative Therapies Nurse. She is certified in Essential oil massage, is a Reiki Master and developed a program for patient care with these therapies. She is an Aspiring author who loves to read and do any and all things artistic. 



3 comments:

  1. Amazing. I so admire those who have the patience to care for the sick. And how insightful that you realized you needed to take care of yourself. We all forget that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your heart and tenacity is amazing. Thank you for sharing your story!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMGoodness, Kimberly!! I am so sorry to hear about your mother, and know how hard it is to go through what you are with your mom. I did with my mom and my dad. You are an amazing woman! I am so happy to hear that you were able to turn things around for yourself and have fallen in love with a man who sees you and loves you!!! Cannot wait to see you at BLC19 and visit Bottom of the Cup Tea Room with you, Amanda and Jameca!

    ReplyDelete