7/04/2019

Through My Lens

Today is one of my most favorite days of the year. Why?
FIREWORKS
I adore them.

Last year...I posted tons of pictures and recordings. So I couldn't do that again. Or... No. I'm sharing another gigantic favorite place Tim and I traveled to. Pictures never do it justice. It's so very impressive to stand beneath it. I encourage everyone to go and stay for the closing flag ceremony. It's very moving. They ask all the veterans to come to the stage and the Vets lower the flag. The night we were there it was total silence as all the men and women moved to the stage.

And one more thing about staying for darkness. Most people assumed the park closed with lowering the flag. It didn't. The people left, but the paths were still lit for another hour. It was silent, majestic, and awe-inspiring.




Familiar with North by Northwest?  This is the dining room.




HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY !!

Ever been to Mount Rushmore? What did you think?

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete