10/09/2019

Through My Lens: Balloon Fiesta

I have long wanted to attend the Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta,,,mainly because of the sheer number of balloons there. AND it seemed like a very cool place to take some awesome pictures. Let me tell you that this event should be on EVERYONE's bucket list. $10.00 to attend (each session--we went to 2).

WHAT I DIDN'T KNOW,,,
Wow...you get to walk among the balloons both during the night "glow" and while they're actually inflating and take off. It's beyond words. Exciting. Amazing. My Albuquerque cousin told me that when hot air balloons touch it's called "kissing",  Watch the short video Tim took that I call Walking Through Kisses,,,























































***
Attending the Balloon Fiesta will always be one of my favorite memories. In honor of Alzheimer's Month, share a favorite memory of yours. 
Leave a comment to be entered in a drawing for a book. You'll have to check back and contact us if you win.

WINNER'S CHOICE

7 comments:

  1. The bee balloons are so cute! A great memory for me... going to Disney World with my family, but getting to spend that time separately with my grandparents... so many great moments.
    Angi, I sent an email recently to you... not sure you got it. I did not receive the book I won last month. Just wanted to check in with you about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great memory !!
      (Shoot...been traveling. It'll go out tomorrow!)

      Delete
  2. sounds fun
    bn100candg at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  3. My father had Alzheimers, so this memory is a particular favorite.

    I can clearly remember clambering through a barbed-wire fence behind the local country police station, with an axe, so that my father could select the perfect Christmas tree. (The trees grew wild from scattered seeds.)

    marypres(AT)gmail(DOT)com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw lots of those when I went to Florida earlier this year

    ReplyDelete