1/28/2020

I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS DEBUT !!

DESPERATE CHOICES
Bad Karma Special Ops #1

A SINGLE MOM FACING DANGER
Eight months ago, Stephanie Anderson’s idyllic life shattered when her husband was killed. Now she’s doing the best she can to support herself and her little girl. She never anticipates the danger they face after witnessing activity that may tie her husband’s unsolved murder to a drug smuggling operation.

AN ELITE SOLDIER FOLLOWING ORDERS
On leave following a deployment, Ray Lundgren answers a new call to duty when his best friend’s older sister turns to him for help. Stephanie’s brother may have ordered him to steer clear of his sister when they were younger, but protecting her reignites the attraction they both denied years ago.

A DESPERATE CHOICE FOR LOVE

The police push Stephanie to gather the evidence needed to crack her husband’s murder case and ensure her and her daughter’s safety. Ray objects, but with his leave time running out and her options limited, Stephanie agrees to help the authorities with their plan. When imminent danger emerges from an unexpected source, Ray disobeys orders from the police and he must race to get to Stephanie when not only their shot at love, but her life, is in jeopardy.
READ A LITTLE, BUY THE BOOK


Ray wasn’t really suggesting eloping, was he? This was just a story to explain Stephanie quitting her job in a way they wouldn’t suspect she knew about the smuggling. “I’m not exactly the impulsive type.”
“We’ve been friends for years. It’s not like we have to date to get to know each other.”
“Friends is a different kind of knowing each other.” Stephanie said to Ray.
“I know you’re a great cook and mother. You go to church almost every Sunday. You’re a peacemaker and put others before yourself. Given a choice of the beach or mountains, you’d pick the beach. You like eighties rock, and you can carry a tune, even though you don’t think you sing well. You have a sweet tooth and aren’t embarrassed to go for the corner piece of cake.”
“Wait. How do you …?” She stared right into his eyes. What she saw there, the naked vulnerability, the longing, made it clear this went deeper than exploring an old crush.

Here was the man she’d fantasized about being with for years, despite thinking he’d never be interested in her that way, and he’d just told her he knew her better than her family and friends. He made it sound like the values she held appealed to him. The physical attraction they shared played a role but wasn’t the sole basis of their relationship. She’d been trying to keep her feelings in check, especially since he’d return to Kentucky in a few days, but she couldn’t deny that he’d captured her heart by watching over her and making her feel safe. With how he stepped in to help with Alexis. And, now, with his words.

TRACY BRODY has written a series of single-title romances featuring the Bad Karma Special Ops team whose love lives are as dangerous as their missions. A SHOT WORTH TAKING and IN THE WRONG SIGHTS won the Golden Heart® for romantic suspense in 2015 and 2016. DEADLY AIM was a four-time finalist in the Golden Heart.

She has a background in banking, retired to become a domestic engineer, and aims to supplement her husband's retirement using her overactive imagination. Tracy began writing spec movie and TV scripts, however, when two friends gave her the same feedback on a script, saying that they'd love to see it as a book, she didn't need to be hit over the head with a literal 2" x 4" to get the message. She joined RWA® and developed her craft and learned how to use commas correctly--most of the time. She has a sense of humor and is not afraid to use it. When not on a writing retreat with friends, she enjoys walking in her neighborhood, the park, or especially at the beach talking to herself as she plots books and scenes.

Tracy lives in North Carolina where she and her husband are semi-empty nesters. She has a daughter in college and a son who's living his dream as a software engineer in Silicon Valley and getting married in Scotland this summer.

STAY CONNECTED

THE ROMANCE INTERVIEW
ANGI: What’s your favorite Valentine gift or have you received it yet?
TRACY: Have you ever read the book about the Five Love Languages? Well, gifts is NOT my love language—or my husband’s. We did get engaged on Valentine’s Day but a diamond ring isn’t a gift as much as a commitment, so that doesn’t count. My wonderful husband is the only guy I’ve been with on Valentine’s and he did send me roses and had them delivered to me during Bible Study one year, but usually it’s just a card. Maybe I’ll get some great reviews on my book for Valentine’s. That would be an AWESOME gift!

ANGI: What’s your favorite Valentine flower?
TRACY: I think roses are beautiful and smell great, but they require no thought and are way overpriced on Valentines. (You’re probably thinking I’m not a romantic and how do I write romances right now.) I’m all for a mixed arrangement with red and white and purple (or blue since I’m quite patriotic.) However, my husband has been known to relocate flowers to the garage due to his allergies, so pink icing flowers on a big chocolate chip cookie get my vote. 😉 

ANGI: What’s your favorite Valentine/Love saying?
TRACY: I’m going with scripture here: Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails. 1 Ephesians 13:4-8. Also,  Love isn’t always a feeling, it’s a choice – and not always easy. 😉

ANGI: Which Valentine film can you watch over and over without falling asleep?
TRACY: I don’t have a favorite “Valentine film.” Is there such a thing? (Angi and the readers are probably going to kick me out as a non-romantic but trust me, my alpha heroes and kick-ass heroines are pretty romantic.) But I LOVE movies like Ladyhawke, While You Were Sleeping, How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days, and Disney movies like Mulan and Beauty and the Beast (she got the prince and that library!)

ANGI: What’s your favorite Valentine candy you’d share with friends?

TRACY: I have to share? I love white chocolate and milk chocolate. Esther Price makes amazing chocolates and salted caramels that I would stingily share.

UP NEXT for TRACY:
DEADLY AIM
Bad Karma Special Ops #2

A MILITARY WIDOW TORN BETWEEN LOVE AND DUTY
Widowed Black Hawk pilot Kristie Donovan is determined not to fall for Mack Hanlon, the Army sniper she saved on a mission tied to a drug cartel. Army regulations about rank mean Mack is off-limits. Besides, she’s not risking what’s left of her heart to another man in Special Ops. But when Mack insists on protecting Kristie from a fellow soldier with a grudge, he sparks her hope for a second chance at love.

AN ELITE SOLDIER AIMING FOR A SECOND CHANCE AT LOVE
Mack’s marriage failed because his ex-wife was done with all things Army. Now he wants to find a woman who understands his drive to serve and protect—a woman like the attractive Black Hawk pilot who pulled off the daring rescue mission. All he has to do is break through her defenses.

A DEADLY CARTEL WANTING REVENGE
Mack’s victory is in sight when they learn the same cartel has targeted Kristie due to her connection to the men behind the death of the drug lord’s son—Mack’s Bad Karma Special Ops team. Though Mack is determined to protect Kristie, she has her own plan to keep herself, Mack, his daughters, and the Bad Karma team out of harm’s reach. But when the cartel captures her before she can act. Will Mack and his team be able to save her from the drug lord aiming to get vengeance against them?


EXCERPT: FROM DEADLY AIM out in March:
Her phone dinged. Had to be Mack. Yup. His text said to meet him back at the house. The wording poked at her heart. The house. Lundgrens’, not her home.
The last bit of adrenaline drained away. There was no need for Mack to continue to protect her. No reason for him to stay or them to spend time together. No more living in her little fantasy world.
Maybe she should offer to cook dinner for him as a thank-you. She could invite Tony, too. She was stalling. Best to go cold turkey. See you there, she texted back.
She’d only been at the Lundgrens’ a few minutes before Mack knocked at the side door.
“Did you get the tracker on the truck?” she asked.
“Yes. He won’t find it unless he crawls under the truck.” A smudge of dirt or grease ran along his cheek. “Once we determine where he lives, I’ll go by and see what other vehicles are there that he’d have access to.”
“Thanks. I appreciate you guys helping me handle this. Don’t worry about stripping the bed. I’ll take care of that.”
His grin disappeared. “Kicking me out already?”
“More like not infringing on you any longer.” It took effort to sound lighthearted. “I’m sure you’d like to sleep in your own bed. And you have your girls coming tomorrow for the weekend. You can’t keep sleeping here.”
“Yeah.” He kept staring at her rather than move to get his stuff. He didn’t say a word as seconds stretched out in the silence.
“Look, I’ll go home—because I feel like you’re safe. But being here with you hasn’t exactly been a hardship. And before I go, we need to address this,” he waved a hand, pointing from her to himself and back to her.
“Mack—”
“No. Let me finish. There’s something here. Between us. We’ve been tiptoeing around it the past few days, and it’s not going away just because we’re not under the same roof.”
“I admit,” she struggled for the right words, “you made me feel safe. And being with you was easy and fun.”
“We could have something good together if—”
“If what, Mack? If it weren’t for Army regulations that prohibit it?”
“There are workarounds.”
“I have two years left on my service commitment, but I plan to do my twenty years for full retirement. Do you think we could sneak around, hoping we don’t get caught? That’s not going to happen. I can’t afford to risk everything by violating regulations.”
“You and I aren’t in the same unit, and it’s not that big a deal in my unit.”
“Well, hooyah for you, but it is in mine. I just got here, and I’m in line for my dream job. I’m not willing to risk getting busted in rank or court-martialed.” It was the superior-ranking officer that would face charges.
“You can’t let flying be your whole life. Because it’s not enough. I know. I love my job, and I do it to protect the people I love, and it totally sucks that my ex thought I was selfish for risking myself to protect her and the girls from the bad shit they don’t see. I need a reason to do what I do. Someone to come home to. Especially since there will come a day I—you—can’t do it anymore. When were you happiest?”
“What?”
“In your life. When were you happiest?”
She stared at him for several seconds. If she told him, he’d use it to his advantage. Yet she couldn’t lie. Not about this. “When I was married to Eric. When we were both doing what we loved.” She hesitated. “When we were planning a family.”
“Exactly. You may think you can’t have it all again. But you can.”

TRACY is giving away a digital copy of Desperate Choices.
your host, Angi Morgan
Get Lost on Facebook   @GetLostInAStory  #GetLostStories
AND OUR NEW Facebook Group: The Readers’ Spot

TRACY WANTS TO KNOWI volunteer at the USO and admit I swoon a bit at the sight of a man in military camouflage (but not hunting camouflage.) What makes you take a second look at a man or book cover? A nice suit? A uniform? Snug T-shirt and jeans? Skin?

17 comments:

  1. I'm an Army brat, so a man in uniform always works for me (a snug tee will do, too.)
    I can't wait to read Desperate Choices, Tracy. Congrats on your book release!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by and commenting, Fenley. I like your choices.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All of the above... :) Thanks for sharing about your books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Colleen, you sound like a true romance reader! <3 Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  4. First of all, I loved your interview answers! �� Secondly, uniform and then a nice tailored suit!��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rhonda. I was really afraid someone would ask me to turn in my romantic fanatic cards. Yay, on the uniform and there is something about a man in a nice suit that fits well. Not like the "detectives" in the opening of my story.
      Thanks for stopping in today!

      Delete
  5. Hands :) Congrats on the release!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Gabrielle!! I so appreciate the support.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so excited for this series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I hope you all love it. I do admit to loving all my Bad Karma guys.

      Delete
  8. cover that other authors don't already use

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally get that! I spent so much time looking at stock photos to find the right look and weren't the same faces that have been on a dozen books. I did let my newsletter members have a say on what they wanted to see on the covers too. Thus, no full face so you can use your imagination.

      Delete
  9. What a great (and funny!!) interview! Only Tracy would come out with hilarious answers! Congratulations again, my friend! Hope you sell big!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't have the corner on funny, but glad you enjoyed my honest and amusing answers. Thanks for the congrats and all your support, Arlene!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your book covers! I mostly read historical so I'd have to say a man in a billowy white shirt and a strong chin. I prefer shirt on covers and for contemporary, that snug t-shirt on your first book there is pretty nice. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard the bare-chested covers aren't quite as popular. I do think the snug shirt with muscular arms can be just as sexy. :) Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

      Delete
  12. It is a very hard situation when playing the lottery and never won, or keep winning low fund not up to 100 bucks, i have been a victim of such a tough life, the biggest fund i have ever won was 100 bucks, and i have been playing lottery for almost 12 years now, things suddenly change the moment i came across a secret online, a testimony of a spell caster called dr emu, who help people in any type of lottery numbers, i was not easily convinced, but i decided to give try, now i am a proud lottery winner with the help of dr emu, i won $1,000.0000.00 and i am making this known to every one out there who have been trying all day to win the lottery, believe me this is the only way to win the lottery.

    Dr Emu can also help you fix this issues

    (1)Ex back.
    (2)Herbal cure & Spiritual healing.
    (3)You want to be promoted in your office.
    (4)Pregnancy spell.
    (5)Win a court case.

    Contact him on email Emutemple@gmail.com
    What’s app +2347012841542
    Website Https://emutemple.wordpress.com/
    Facebook page Https://web.facebook.com/Emu-Temple-104891335203341

    ReplyDelete