7/01/2011

The Prolific Jillian Stone

JILLIAN STONE had a very very busy 2010 conference with her RWA Golden Heart commitments and winning her category of Romantic Suspense.

BUTselling six (yes count them: ONE, TWO, THREE, FOUR, FIVE, SIX) books in two three-book deals with two different publishers keeps our Jillian constantly at the keyboard.


Did you have a feeling you’d be selling –not mention selling 6 books—so soon after conference?
In the Dallas airport, on my way to conference, I returned a phone call to Audrey LaFehr at Kensington who offered a three book deal for THE SEDUCTION OF PHAETON BLACK. (The offer came from a contest final.) So heading into Orlando, I knew that I would probably have at least two new books to write under contract! I met Richard Curtis at nationals and he became my agent–happy danced over that for days! A few weeks after Orlando we accepted another three book offer from Pocket for THE YARD MAN since retitled, AN AFFAIR WITH MR KENNEDY.

In April I turned in book two, tentatively titled THE CARNAL SINS OF MR. ST. CLAIR and am currently working on number three: A VERY PRIVATE DUEL WITH MR. GUNN.

Thinking back to last summer, I think once I had the Kensington offer, I sensed that things were gong to tumble into place pretty fast. It's a great feeling!


DEBUT BOOKS


Winner of the 2010 Romantic Suspense RWA Golden Heart






Pocket Books, Available February 2012


Could the crime of the century lead to the love of a lifetime?


London, 1887. Part stoic gentleman, part fearless Yard man, Zeno “Zak” Kennedy is an enigma of the first order. For years, the memory of a deadly bombing at King’s Cross station has haunted the brilliant Scotland Yard detective. His investigation has zeroed in on a ring of aristocratic rebels whose bloody campaign for Irish revolution is terrorizing the city. When he discovers one of the treacherous lords is acquainted with his free-spirited new tenant, Cassandra St. Cloud, his inquiry pulls him unexpectedly close to the heart of the conspiracy—and into the arms of a most intriguing lady.

Cassie is no Victorian prude. An Impressionist painter with very modern ideas about life and love, she is eager for a romantic escapade that is daring and discreet. She sets her sights on her dour but handsome landlord, but after she learns their meeting was not purely accidental, she hardly has a chance to forgive her lover before their passionate affair catapults them both into a perilous adventure.

The Gentlemen of Scotland Yard mix business with pleasure in these Victorian Romantic Suspense novels from Pocket Books: AN AFFAIR WITH MR. KENNEDY, February 2012 • THE CARNAL SINS OF MS. ST. CLAIR, October 2012 • A VERY PRIVATE DUEL WITH MR. GUNN, November 2012. Watch for these wild and sexy Steampunk adventures from Kensington: THE SEDUCCTION OF PHAETON BLACK, September 2012 • THE MOONSTONE AND MISS JONES, Spring 2013 • THE CURIOUS UNDOING OF GASPAR SINCLAIR, Fall 2013 .

YOU CAN FIND JILLIAN AT:
Website: http://gjillianstone.com


GET LOST WITH THE CREWLeave a comment this week and be eligible for Gift Cards or Books from The Crew and other autographed books from the national conference. Drawings to be held on July 4th.
Jillian is adding to the prize pool by donating a $10.00 Amazon gift card.

Note: Offer void where prohibited. Prizes will be mailed to North America addresses only. If an Advanced Reading Copy (ARC) is available, the author may utilize that option for International participants. Odds of winning vary due to the number of entrants.


TODAY'S QUESTION:
FICTION or REALITY? Which do you prefer?

13 comments:

  1. Fiction! It can be anything from realistic fiction to paranormal fiction. I find the best stories are those that I can connect with emotionally immerse myself in. I have read many paranormal books and find them very "real", or I could be reading a contemporary romance and relate to the main character. What matters is my connection with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I choose fiction. I think the possibilities are endless with fiction and definitely more entertaining.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jillian, I can't wait for these wonderful books to arrive. I have one question. When do you sleep? Love to get lost in a good story of course! But if the reality is interesting enough, I'm okay with that, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Been a pleasure seeing you this week, Jillian!
    Keep writing (like you have a choice LOL).

    My husband bought me a magnet which encapsulates me:

    INCREDIBLE AS IT SEEMS, MY LIFE IS BASED ON A TRUE STORY

    There you go...fiction? Reality? it's all relavant.

    ~~Angi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fiction of course! My TBR pile wouldn't consist of 4 full bookshelves if I didn't like to escape reality. I especially like romance fiction because I'm promised a HEA for the couple by the end of the story. There aren't any such guarantees in real life.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Its Fiction for me, so I can get lost in the story. Fiction books take me away to different places and times. I travel the world in books all fiction.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great year you had!
    I am all about fiction. You can let you imagination run free. I don't mind the non stuff but fiction always keeps you wonder, did this actually or could actually happen?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fiction! No question ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fiction all the way! I hate reading true life books - that's what's magazines are for. Just joking. I read to escape my every day dull life, so why would I want to read about someone else's?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fiction or reality? It really depends on what mood I'm in!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I do get plenty of sleep, Donnell. I have to. I wouldn't be able to write anything good if I didn't!

    Looks like getting lost in a story wins out over 'tot mom.' Yay! Thanks everyone for your comments and check back in to find out who won the gift certificate!

    :) Jillian

    ReplyDelete
  12. You know, I was just having this conversation with my SIL and step-SIL. They both adore true crime stories. Me, I'm happy with shows like NCIS and Criminal Minds.

    I do read biographies, though.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I prefer fiction - even the reality shows are edited and not "completely real"

    ReplyDelete