7/03/2011

Smokin' Hot Simone

Simone attended her first RWA National Conference as a published author.


I thought I'd share a few of the things I learned at my first Nationals:

  • It's big.
  • Writers are kind and generous, especially to newbies.
  • People who work in publishing are just as smart and interesting as you think they are.
  • It's big.
  • Hotel elevators can be surprisingly complicated.
  • New York is amazing, even on your fifth trip.
  • Times Square is gorgeous at night.
  • Being a published author can be just a little bit glamorous, even when no one has heard of you.
  • I can, in fact, walk in high heels.
  • You can pack a surprising number of books in your suitcase without going over weight.
  • It's big.
  • Holding a glass of wine and looking confident can take you a long way in a room full of strangers.
  • The published authors with the biggest names are the ones with the most humility and genuine kindness.
  • The food in New York is amazing.
  • Did I mention it's big?





DEBUT BOOK
THE HAUNTING OF MADDY CLARE
NAL
Available March 6, 2012

YOU CAN FIND SIMONE AT:
Her website.

GET LOST WITH THE CREW
Leave a comment this week and be eligible for Gift Cards or Books from The Crew (or autographed books they pick up at the conference). Drawings to be held on July 4th.

Simone is adding to the prize pool by donating a $10 Amazon gift card.

Note: Offer void where prohibited. Prizes will be mailed to North America addresses only. If an Advanced Reading Copy (ARC) is available, the author may utilize that option for International participants. Odds of winning vary due to the number of entrants.

TODAY'S QUESTION:
DO YOU REMEMBER your first kiss?

13 comments:

  1. Love the food is amazing in New York part. I like trying all kinds of food and the Food Network doesn't help.

    I do remember my first kiss. Honestly, it was awkward and quick. Part of it was inexperience, another part was I kept on getting distracting my the voice in my head. It went like a sports play-by-play, an over-analysis. Though, the kiss in itself wasn't bad, just wasn't the best :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simone, sounds like you had a GREAT time!


    As for my first kiss...yes, I remember it. Although I've spent many years trying to forget it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do remember. It happened when I was in junior high. He was a classmate and it was awkward.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember my first kiss. I liked on a dead end street with about 30 kids all within 7 years of eachother. I remember one day a group of us went to the end of the block and decided to experiment with kissing!! I think we were in about 4th or 5th grade.

    Susan R
    susanmik AT gmail DOT com

    (blogger will no longer let me sign in with my google account, so I have to be anonymous!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Simone...so glad we had breakfast before the conference 'cause I only saw you on the run one other time. WOW ! Sounds like you had a great time.

    My very first kiss in first grade was with Ronnie Willhite. :-) Just a peck really. Waited all the way until I was almost 16 for the real thing with Max Doggett. He'd take me home in the afternoons from school and we'd practice. HaHa.

    ~Angi

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remember my first grownup kiss. He tasted like beer. Yuck. I only kissed him because he looked like Elvis. Not a great kiss. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. I remember my first kiss and it wasn't good at all. I think I was in fourth grade and it was with a boy that lived down the street from me and the whole neighboorhood was there to witness it. Horrible!

    iqb99@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi GLIAS team!

    I hope to get to RWA in 2012 when it's in LA. It's only a 17 hour, one way trip, from Wellington, New Zealand.

    My first kiss is a hazy memory now (sigh - it was so long ago) but I'm sure it must have been with someone hot. Well, I thought he was hot at the time. Not sure what I'd think now!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really wish I could have been there. I was going to go last year when it was in Nashville because it's only a 9 hour drive. But it got moved too far away for a drive. The next time it's in the Mid-West, I'll go for sure. And, I'll be a newbie!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I did have a great time, guys!

    I'm laughing because so far not one first kiss has been any good! I think that's a universal thing, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Who could forget? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes. Yes, I do. Thank goodness I don't have to go through that again.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I do - but I would rather forget it!!

    ReplyDelete