1/30/2015

Get Lost in Pam Moran's New Release: Gavin's Woman

PSI Sentinels: Guardians of the Psychic Realm
Extraordinary senses in a world full of danger.

Welcome to the world of the PSI Sentinels.

The Institute for Psychic Studies - IPS, ran inside an old, stone mansion on extensive grounds in a remote area of Minnesota - is where professors and scientists work to find answers to the whys and wherefores of human psychic ability.

However, IPS is also a cover for a private, secret agency operating in tandem with the federal government. Their agents work in the background to defend and shield unwary victims against the twisted underside of a psychic society bent on exploiting an unsuspecting, mundane civilization.

Buy link: Amazon
New Release! 
Gavin's Woman 
A PSI Sentinel Novella / Darkwater Guardians

She was his only obsession.

Gavin Dunbar, liaison between the PSI and the government, is a low-level psychic himself. A man of the present who believes the future is too nebulous, too fluid – that it can't be trusted. His reasons are mired deep in a past he has no desire to examine. After all, in his world, having a soul-mate doesn't equate to happily-ever-after.

Tragedy has brought Calea Fontaine to a crossroads and has her reassessing her future without the man she loves. A seer from a long line of seers, Calea knows, firsthand, that while Fate might try to guide a person along a path, Free Will has a way of trumping Destiny.  Or does it?

Along the storm ravaged Oregon coast, a predator stalks Calea with an obsession born of a dark ache, an overwhelming need to control and possess at any cost. The only obstacle standing in his way is Gavin Dunbar.

Available Now:


Buy link: Amazon
Elsie's Secret 
A PSI Sentinels Novella

His secrets tore them apart. Hers might get them killed.
A PSI agent, Sebastian Alexander has secrets that once came between him and the woman he still loves. Finding her prowling around where she doesn’t belong turns his simple reconnaissance into a rescue mission threatening to blow everything apart. Is he willing to risk his secrets to save her life?
Elsie Quartermaine has one goal. Save her nephew from a sadistic kidnapper. Sebastian is the one man who can help her. But divulging her secret puts more than her life in jeopardy. Can she trust Sebastian with her nephew’s life? Her own? What about her heart?
As dawn creeps over the horizon, can they find enough trust in each other to stay alive?
Available Now:

Buy Link: Amazon

Stolen Spirit 
PSI Sentinels: Guardians of the Psychic Realm /Book One

Hearing his dead ex-girlfriend’s voice in an empty room is enough to make a man question his sanity. Worse is when that ex insists she shouldn’t have died. Broken cop Jake Carrigan has no interest in delving into a past full of heartache and regrets. But he can’t deny she still matters, even if she’s simply a voice in his head.

Hannah Dixon is having a hard time believing she’s dead. How can she be when she feels so much inside? She can see Jake, can talk to him, but she can’t touch him. And right now, touching Jake is all she wants.

Jake’s probe into Hannah’s death stirs up a sinister psychic link, something dark that will stop at nothing to keep its secrets. To protect her own heart, Hannah left Jake once. Can she leave him again to protect his life?



Buy link: Amazon
Available Now:
Blind Sight

Death plagues Gabe Nicholetti’s dreams. But he can’t save the people in his visions. The most he can do is bring their killers to justice. This time, though, this victim makes it all personal.

Rily Carrigan is a dead woman, or she will be in a matter of days as her past rushes forward to shatter her carefully constructed world. But Rily doesn’t believe fate is absolute. How is she going to convince the man who’s seen too many die that it’s possible to save her life?

Just outside a small, Oregon town, something malevolent lurks, waiting to seize what was once promised then stolen. Together, Gabe and Rily need to find a way to deny fate and keep Rily alive.


Interview with Pam Moran


Whether painting, out on a photo shoot or writing, Pam Moran has always had a bend toward the creative side of life. Her favorite is when she can combine any of those with travel. Places get into her blood and she loves to explore the possibilities, always with characters and a story in mind.

An astrologer for most of her adult life, Pam has been known to see auras & the occasional ghost. Considering she lives in a haunted house in the mountains of southern California, this keeps life interesting.

Jillian: How often to you get lost in a story?
Pam: I get lost in my own stories all the time. They stay with me, always right there, teasing the edges of my mind, even when I’ supposed to be doing something else (like the day job).

But, getting lost in someone else’s world is one of the best escapes from everything. When a story stays with me in that way, haunting me, leaving me in a need to get back to that story, that’s when I hunt up everything I can find by that author, then I relish the stories, piecemealing them out, interspersing them with others, stretching that pleasure and having something to look forward to, better than good chocolate or wine!

Jillian: Is there a playlist you’d recommend for reading your latest release?
Pam: I was raised on country music and it’s still my favorite type. As for playlists, I don’t really have one for certain books, but I do have a playlist that I’ll occasionally put on in the background while I’m writing. I say occasionally because I’ve had to learn how to write anytime, nearly anywhere, with lots of distractions.

But when I’m alone and writing, I’ll turn my old iTouch on with my favorite playlist on low and on shuffle. Those songs include a whole lot of Kenny Chesney (my favorites are his Island music), Lady Antebellum, Toby Keith, Brooks and Dunn. I adore Gary Allen’s rough, smoky voice. Also included on that playlist, however, are Elvis Presley, Dean Martin, Enya, Loreena McKennit and Straight No Chaser.

Some favorite songs:

Kenny Chesney: Spirit of a Storm, Song of a Sailor, You and Tequila, Somewhere With You, Somebody Take Me Home.

Toby Keith: Dream Walkin’, I Can’t Take You Anywhere, Rock You Baby, Strangers Again.

Lady Antebellum: Love Don’t Live Here Anymore, One Day You Will, Things People Say, Need You Now.

Gary Allen: Watching Airplanes, Smoke Rings in the Dark, Puttin’ Memories Away, Right Where I Need To Be.

I think it’s the ‘hurting songs’ that get to me the most. Those words of longing, pain, being lost or haunted. Like the stories I write.

Sigh. I think I’m going to go play some music, now.

Jillian: Where do you read and how often?
Pam: Every single chance I get! Being bored is something I don’t handle well. Usually I have a notebook of some type with me so I can work on my stories, but there are times I’d rather get lost in someone else’s world. Now that I have a Kindle and Nook app on my phone, it doesn’t matter where I am, I have a book with me.


Jillian: What sound or noise do you love?
Pam: I’m a rainy day kind of girl. Lifting my face to a gentle rain while I’m walking,  listening to a hard rain on the roof, watching it hit the kitchen window while I do dishes. I absolutely love the rain.

Going back to that playlist, several of my favorite songs deal with rain.

Both Toby Keith and Gary Allen have a song entitled Yesterday’s Rain. Although both songs deal with memories that hurt, pain that fills the heart and haunts their lives, these are two different songs. And I love them both.

Some favorite rainy songs:

Kenny Chesney: Something Sexy About the Rain
Keith Urban: Raining On Sunday
Gary Allen: Songs About Rain, Yesterday’s Rain
Toby Keith: Yesterday’s Rain

Jillian: What was the first story you remember writing?
Pam: I've always written, but the first one I can remember was in high school, about a mountain, from the mountain's point of view. It was interesting to put myself into the mindset of a mountain watching humanity progress over thousands of years.

Jillian: What’s your favorite movie of all time?
Pam: I'm not the type to watch a movie over and over again, so I don't have a single favorite movie. That said, all the Pirates of the Caribbean movies, the Star Trek movies (old and new), Stardust, all the Indiana Jones movies are all up there in the favorites category. You know, those adventure, swashbuckling types of movies.

Jillian: If you couldn’t be a writer anymore, what profession would you take up?
Pam: Photographer. When I was in high school my dad came home one day with a 35mm SLR camera. Love at first sight for me. I've always been creative, but until then my passions were painting and writing. That camera changed the way I saw the world. Today my camera goes just about everywhere with me. My stories are always set in places I've been (even if I make up names for the towns) and I often refer back to photos I've shot when I'm writing.

If you check out the cover of Gavin's Woman, I shot the three photos that comprise the cover. So exciting to be able to combine my photography with my writing in such a tangible way. On Blind Sight, the background photo is also mine.

Jillian: Which of your characters would you most/least like to invite to dinner, and why?
Pam: I'd love to have Ben Garrett to dinner. As a secondary character, he's the head of the PSI and of the Institute of Psychic Studies, and has seen and done a lot in his lifetime. He's completely fascinating, autonomous, with his own version of a strong moral code when it comes to using psychic abilities. He refuses to waver and I believe Ramon's grandmother may be giving him a run for his money in upcoming books.

As for who I'd least like to have for dinner, that would be Roy Hoffman in Gavin's Woman. He's scary. But you'll have to read the book to find out why. ;o)

Just Released! 
Sexy to Go. 
An anthology of sexy stories.  


Buy link: Amazon
Dreamwalker: Key to Paradise by Pamela Moran 
Pulled together through a world of dreams, Lena and Davis might have found the Key to Paradise. Can he convince her to take a chance, to believe in impossible possibilities, to hold on to their dream? 

Pam's question for readers: Do you have an obsession? What is it you obsess over? Pam has an ebook copy of Elsie's Secret to giveaway to one luck commenter chosen at random. Remember to leave email contact information with your comment to be entered in the Randomizer. Good luck!


Contact Pamela Moran:
www.PamelaMoran.com
www.facebook.com/PamelaMoranAuthor
https://www.goodreads.com/PamelaMoran
Twitter: Pam_Moran

8 comments:

  1. Welcome back to GLIAS, Pamela and the bestof luck on your latest release !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Angie, it's always fun to visit Get Lost in a Story!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Me, too! I saw them a couple of years ago at the Smith Center in Vegas. Such an awesome show, I didn't want it to end! I'd love to see their Christmas show.

      Delete
  3. Hi, Pamela, and welcome to GLIAS! I just love the guy on the cover of your latest book. Wishing you much success.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Vicki, for such a warm welcome. I'm kind of partial to that guy, too! He makes a great Gavin. ;o) And so easy to work with - I shot all the photos for that cover so it's one that's near and dear to my heart!

      Delete
  4. no, not really

    bn100candg at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations, bn100! You won an ebook copy of Elsie's Secret. Pam Moran will be contacting you soon!

    ReplyDelete