4/19/2017

What’s Your Destination?

Award-winning and Amazon best-selling author, Vicki Batman, has sold many romantic comedy works to the True magazines, several publishers, and most recently, two romantic comedy mysteries to The Wild Rose Press. She is a member of Romance Writers of America, Sisters in Crime, and several writing groups. An avid Jazzerciser. Handbag lover. Mahjong player. Yoga practitioner. Movie fan. Book devourer. Chocoholic. Best Mom ever. And adores Handsome Hubby. Most days begin with her hands set to the keyboard and thinking, "What if??"

Find Vicki

Many years ago, Handsome and I decided the best memory we could give our children was travel. We cruised to Alaska and Hawaii. Hiked in Colorado. Marveled at the West Texas scenery. Sailed the Rhine River. I like to travel. See what is out there. Drive and take it all in. The U.S. is so big and there are many, many places to visit.

The most significant part of this memory making is #1 and #2 son were with us. Family. Family sharing laughs and love, meals and something extraordinary.

So when Angi tossed out the question about What’s My Bucket List?, I didn’t have to search far. Here’s mine (in no particular order):
1. Machu Pichu
2. Raft the Grand Canyon
3. Drive Highway 1 as far as it will go (I’ve done it in sections)
4. Big Bend
5. French river cruise
6. Danube river cruise
7. Australia and New Zealand
8. Hike some fourteeners
9. Go back to Paris and visit Normandy
10. Great Britain
11. Yellowstone
12. Maine

I could add more. However, I’m thinking this list will last until I’m in my eighties. Then I’ll hire somebody to drive me around in a cool RV. I can stretch out, stitch, read, eat, and relax and discover a new destination.


I bet you are also wondering what has Vicki been writing. LOL. Coming June 1 is a romantic comedy short story from the Just You and Me boxed set which also features 15 tantalizing reads written by today's hottest USA Today, Bestselling and Award Winning authors: Nicole Morgan, Desiree Holt, Jacquie Biggar, Ashlyn Chase, Dalton Diaz, Brenna Zinn, Kate Richards, Liz Durano, Deelylah Mullin, Tierney O'Malley, Caitlyn Lynch, Fiona Miers, Cate Farren, Krista Ames

What if the love of your life was in front of you all along?

It began innocently with a few margaritas… Kelly Stinson is persuaded to represent Yahoo! Ranch Steakhouse in the Chamber of Commerce’s beauty contest. After an unexpected swan dive off stage, her heart goes pitter patter over the orthopedic surgeon who repaired her ripped up ankle.
Daniel Ackerman has always had the hots for his twin sister’s best friend. Much to his dismay, her doctor has taken notice of the dark-haired beauty and invaded his territory. That’s about to change when he moves in to help Kelly recover physically and open her eyes to what’s been in front of her all along.
Excerpt:
"I can't believe I let your loony brother, who's tormented me all my life, talk me into this." With my eye on the teenage competition, I tugged the leg opening
of my swimsuit into place to better cover my hip. "Just because I did some modeling in college doesn't make me a pageant diva. Back then, I was incredibly skinny, and clothes fit easily."
"Daniel's a rat. He took advantage of your third or was it your fourth margarita, Kelly?" Maggie Ackerman, my best friend and roommate, adjusted the scarlet satin sash draped across my body. Glittery stick-on letters spelled out Miss Yahoo! Ranch Steakhouse. "Hold still."
With an old-fashioned teasing comb, she picked my brown hair into place at the crown of my head. The eerie suspicion I resembled a scary dame with Big Texas hair from the television show, Dallas, caused me to avoid looking in the mirror.
"Close your eyes." She hit me with super freeze-it hairspray. "Now, that ain't goin' nowhere."
My personal stylist needed to work on her aim, preferably with both of her eyes open. I spit-wiped the sticky spot on my right cheek. I hope nobody I know sees me like this.
"There." The scrunch of her nose reflected how pleased she was with herself. "Feeling better?"
Like a slab of beef.

Preorder Just You and Me


WHAT’S ON YOUR BUCKET LIST?

8 comments:

  1. Good morning, everyone and Get Lost in a Story crew! So much fun to be back with you and talk about bucket list and a new story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's quite a list! I have some of those on my list too, but you are way ahead of me. I've never gone out west yet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Melissa! My parents took our family to California when I was in my teens. I had the best time. I am lucky to be able to travel with Handsome on company events. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Vicki,
    I'm with you on so many of these, especially the idea of doing a lot of traveling in a cool RV! Just wondering - what is a fourteener?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Shari! A fourteener is a mountain's elevation. In Colorado, there's about fifty. Here's a Wiki link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Colorado_fourteeners/

    I've been over 12000 feet. It wasn't hard at all. Some are harder than others. A famous fourteener is Pike's Peak. Thanks for asking! vb

    ReplyDelete
  6. We don't travel much, but I would love to go to Scotland. The Big Bend area is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, holdenj! I would like to go to Scotland too and can't believe I forgot to put on a list. LOL. I hear it is a tad chilly there and I'm such a no cold person. Thank you for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Wow being disabled really crushed my bucket list but now i would love to be in Calif and see the kids and put my toes in the ocean. #2 is going on a zip line although someone would have to attach to me .

    ReplyDelete