12/09/2019

"a story about Healing, Hope and Love..."


See the video!
WRAPPED UP IN CHRISTMAS
An uplifting  Hallmark small town romance

Sarah Smith in Pine Hill, Kentucky has had her heart broken in the past. She pours herself into her work at church and into special projects—like making a quilt for a wounded warrior.
Bodie Lewis is lost. All he’s ever wanted was his career as an Army Ranger, but he was injured in an explosion that killed his brothers in arms. In the hospital, he receives a handmade quilt. Later, he sets out on his final mission: to find and thank its maker.
Bodie expected Sarah to be an elderly lady, not a lovely young woman. When she mistakes him for a handyman, he doesn’t immediately set her straight. Instead, he sets about repairing the home she’s turning into a bed and breakfast. Sarah’s presence and the spirit of the small town bring Bodie something he thought he’d left far behind on the battlefield: hope.
This heartwarming sweet romance includes a free quilt pattern from the Quilts of Valor Foundation and a new original Hallmark recipe for Cinnamon Swirl Bread.

READ A LITTLE, BUY THE BOOK

Award winning author JANICE LYNN loves to spin a tale that touches her readers' hearts by putting a smile on their lips and a tear in their eye. Her favorite read is one with a strong heroine who can laugh at herself and a hero who appreciates the heroine's strengths and imperfections, and can't help but love her. Janice strives to write characters who make her want to go along for their adventure and smile several times on the journey to their happily ever after.

Janice lives in Tennessee with her family, her vivid imagination, an adorable Maltese named Halo, and bunches of unnamed dust bunnies that moved in after she started pursuing my writing career.

SEE JANICE’S HALLMARK HOME & FAMILY INTERVIEW
“Wrapped Up in Christmas” author Janice Lynn shows how to make decorative snowflakes featured in her new book.

STAY CONNECTED
Website | Facebook  | Amazon
| Twitter @ JaniceMarieLynn

THE HOLIDAY INTERVIEW
ANGI:What’s your favorite gift Santa ever left under the tree?
JANICEThe first gift that pops into my mind was NOT my favorite at the time, but is one that stands out and makes me smile when I think of it. When I was an early teen, I was a huge Rick Springfield fan. He had a concert scheduled just after Christmas and I desperately wanted to go. It was the top item on my Christmas wish list. Looking back, I can honestly say, I've never known my parents to go to a single concert so this wasn't a realistic request and likely the tickets would have been way outside their budget as well, but I was young so it's what I wanted. All Christmas season I'd shake this box I just knew had my tickets inside. When I opened it, I was devastated to find a hand drawn ticket complete with a stick figure Rick Springfield singing on it. I'm pretty sure I cried and didn't nearly appreciate my other gifts as much as I should have. Now, it's a very precious memory and one of the few gifts from my childhood that I still own.

ANGI:What’s your favorite Holiday Movie?
JANICE: A Christmas Story. Who doesn't love Ralphie? But if I answered the first thing that popped into my head I'd say The Holiday with Jude Law and Cameron Diaz. That movie makes me sigh and just thinking of it makes me want to go watch it right now. :)

ANGI:What’s your favorite Holiday cartoon special?
JANICE: A Charlie Brown Christmas. I'm definitely a Snoopy fan.

ANGI:Which Holiday film can you watch over and over without falling asleep?
JANICE: I don't typically fall asleep during any movie, so any of them would work here. Again, I love The Holiday, but we watch How the Grinch Stole Christmas (both versions) every year, too.

ANGI:What’s your favorite Holiday desert you’d share with friends?
JANICEEverything my mom makes. Seriously, she is a great cook. At Christmas she makes lots of goodies. I love her Butterscotch bars, her Chess squares, her Peanut butter balls., her Martha Washington candy, her...okay, it's all good. Trust me. :)

ANGI:What is your favorite Holiday tradition?
JANICE: Spending time with family. For me, that is the true joy of Christmas. I have a BIG family. My mom & dad both come from families where there were 7 kids so I have tons of cousins. Christmas is the one time of year we try to all make an effort to get together. Although my kids are older, Santa still fills their stockings for Christmas morning, too. Love watching them go through their goodies.




UP NEXT for JANICE:
Janice is currently working on another Christmas novel that should be available next fall. 

JANICE is giving away a snowflake as featured on the Hallmark Channel's Home & Family talk show during the DIY craft segment Janice did with Cameron Mathison on November 8th and as Sarah & Bodie made in Wrapped Up in Christmas. (U.S. only)

your host, Angi Morgan
Get Lost on Facebook   @GetLostInAStory  #GetLostStories
AND OUR NEW Facebook Group: The Readers’ Spot

JANICE WANTS TO KNOW I've been making plastic canvas snowflakes since I was a teenager. I still love making them. Do you have any Christmas decoration or craft you enjoy making?

JUST LEAVE A COMMENT TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR THE GIVEAWAY !!

10 comments:

  1. Welcome to Get Lost in a Story, my friend. I can't believe I've known you since way way way back when and I've never featured you here before. Congratulations on all your success !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the intro, Angi!! :) And for the congratulations. Wrapped Up in Christmas has certainly been my biggest success. I'm so thrilled with how it's been received. :)

      Delete
  2. Christmas decoration or craft? Only if making candy and baking cookies count. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Candy & baking cookies are definitely considered a craft by me. :)

      Delete
  3. not really
    bn100candg at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is nopt christmas but i do make dish rags hot pads and baby blankets year around. For Christmas instead of buying our older friends something that they already have we go to the local grocery store and we get 2 rot chickens. 1lb and 1/2 of fruit salad and also a potato salad then some kind of desert that they can eat for breakfast and we drop it off at their home on Sundays. Well we did several on Sunday and someone found out it was us as we do the same with vegis we take vegis out of the garden and drop that off during the summer really early in the morning about 15 of them. Well this one costs about 50. each but it's not the money it's that the wife doesn't have to make dinner for several days. We will do it one more sunday then we are done. We love to do it and feel so good after. It's many trips to the store and then to their house but we think this tops all of our ideas. peggy clayton ptclayton2@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so awesome that you do that!! I have made 4 baby blankets this year. Love making them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Decorating Christmas sugar cookies with paint made out of egg yolks and food coloring, eating some, sharing most, and hanging a few on the tree.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations Patty. You've won Janice's snowflake.
    I'll be in touch.

    ReplyDelete