12/06/2020

C.H.'s Recipe Share ~ Pumpkin Cheesecake Thumbprints

 

I haven't been on social media or the Get Lost in a Story Blog in a few months because my husband was battling pancreatic cancer since he was diagnosed in January. He fought the good fight and stayed with us as long as he could. On November 18, 2020 at 7:35 pm, he left this mortal plane. 


Me & DJ June 1975


DJ

The love of my life, 
The keeper of my heart, 
My permanent date, 
My best friend....
RIP, my love 


David J. Admirand 
1/17/55 - 11/18/20


Every once in awhile I try something out of my comfort zone...baking-wise. Back in September I had a hankering for something baked with pumpkin--not pie...sorry am just not a fan of Pumpkin Pie. I'd rather eat Squash Pie or a family favorite Sweet Potato Praline Pie. 

I was searching for something different, made with pumpkin, and found this Pumpkin Cheese Thumbprints recipe on Delish.com.

I confess to nearly passing the recipe by when I saw that I'd have to use my very pedestrian piping bag skills to pipe the yummy cheesecake filling into the thumbprint after the cookies were baked. But then I thought to myself, well let's not be silly and possibly miss out on a fabulously sounding addition to my collection of cookie recipes.

I am so glad that I did! These little dreams melt in your mouth and are the perfect confection served with either Barry's Irish Breakfast tea or a cup of coffee! Who knew? Certainly not yours truly. 

Follow the link above and you'll be surprised at how easy the recipe is to follow. Well, except that the piping part took a bit longer because I forgot how to assemble the darned thing. LOL!

Here's a pic of the finished cookies...





I've always thought sweet treats taste better on Grandma's Limoges dessert plate.




Oh, I almost forgot to say, I've tried the recipe twice, with very similar results. The first time was the tastiest...using a can of pumpkin puree. The second time, I only had pumpkin pie filling. It wasn't quite the same, but still disappeared just as quickly!

Have you tried any new recipes lately? I'd love to hear what you've been baking!

ICYMI, the first book in my new Regency Historical Series, The Lords of Vice, for Dragonblade Publishing is up for pre-order on Amazon. Mending the Duke's Pride will release on January 20, 2021 and will be available on Kindle Unlimited and in print. The pre-order is for the e-book. Here's the link: Mending the Duke's Pride .





Happy Reading!

C.H.












10 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear about your husband's passing... hugs...
    as for baking... have done a few cakes, pies and cookies recently... actual was helping my mom yesterday with cookies, but she was not paying attention to the measuring cup and we ended up with chocolate crisps instead of cookies... it was funny. Warm Wishes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your kind words, Colleen <3 I can just picture the scene you just set...bet there was chatting and maybe some tea drinking involved. When I was able to get together with our daughter, there were lots of distractions. Love the idea of chocolate crisps ;)

      Delete
  2. Those cookies look pretty darn good. I'm happy to see you're baking, even if it's a recipe that's out of your comfort zone.

    I haven't tried a new recipe lately - just bought the ingredients and used them for other things.

    I'm so sorry to hear about DJ. I know you miss him like crazy, but he's always with you in your heart and memories.

    Sending you much love and virtual hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Patty! I do miss him like crazy, but am keeping him in my heart and thoughts...I talk to his urn every day <3. Baking is my stress relief, the last thing I baked was Happy Apple Pie for Thanksgiving ;)

      Delete
  3. Hey sweet lady, I haven't been doing much cooking or baking at all this whole year. I am going to try Lori Wilde's Kissmet cookies on Christmas eve. This is when your suppose to bake them.

    I'm here if you need me my sweet friend. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey there, Teresa! I understand about not doing much cooking or baking. But love that you're going to try Lori Wilde's Kissmet cookies. Is it a special Christmas Eve recipe from one of her books? That sound interesting. Thank you for the offer, my friend. Merry Christmas <3

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have no words for your loss sweet, wonderful lady. DJ was an awesome guy and will be missed. Grab a puppy and hold him tight! Lots of love to you and your family. And best of luck on the new series.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so sorry to hear about your husband's passing, CH. I wish every day that there was a cure for cancer. Sending you my hugs! I haven't tried any new recipes lately, but I loved the one you shared ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  7. DR EMU WHO HELP PEOPLE IN ANY TYPE OF LOTTERY NUMBERS
    It is a very hard situation when playing the lottery and never won, or keep winning low fund not up to 100 bucks, i have been a victim of such a tough life, the biggest fund i have ever won was 100 bucks, and i have been playing lottery for almost 12 years now, things suddenly change the moment i came across a secret online, a testimony of a spell caster called dr emu, who help people in any type of lottery numbers, i was not easily convinced, but i decided to give try, now i am a proud lottery winner with the help of dr emu, i won $1,000.0000.00 and i am making this known to every one out there who have been trying all day to win the lottery, believe me this is the only way to win the lottery.

    Dr Emu can also help you fix this issues

    (1)Ex back.
    (2)Herbal cure & Spiritual healing.
    (3)You want to be promoted in your office.
    (4)Pregnancy spell.
    (5)Win a court case.

    Contact him on email Emutemple@gmail.com
    What’s app +2347012841542
    Website Https://emutemple.wordpress.com/
    Facebook page Https://web.facebook.com/Emu-Temple-104891335203341

    ReplyDelete