6/29/2011

Angi's Best Moment Ever

The BEST Part of Conference

Would it surprise you to find out that the best moment of my 2010 conference wasn't winning the RWA Golden Heart?









It certainly wasn't scooting around conference on crutches after knee surgery.







It wasn't being the winner who took her husband on stage to accept the award. Or even getting kissed and having it on a super-intensely large screen.


And I'll be honest, it was not sitting in my room most of the time, working on the second book which had a deadline the day after conference was over. (Although, having the second sale before conference was absolutely awesome!)


I loved seeing all of my friends,


loved all the congratulations,


loved the receptions,




loved the certificates,

loved the book signing,













loved the "boot out" ceremony,
...but those still weren't the best moment.The best moment wasn't becoming a part of the Intrigue Authors Gang. (Let me tell you, these gals are a blast and so suppportive and know how to have a great time.)


And the Harlequin Company throws a heckofa party...with their own signature martini (yum). But even the dancing, unbelievable food, second and third martinis were not the best part.


After all was said and done...


After I'd won the Golden Heart at aproximately 8:45...


While I was refusing to say goodbye to my "one person"...

One of my Unsinkable sisters pulled something up on her phone.
There, on the screen, was a picture of a book...

MY BOOOK !



Hill Country Holdup...






It had gone on sale at midnight.


After all the hard work, long hours, and years of hoopla, the world could finally buy my story. The story I believed in. The story that made all the HOOPLA possible. THAT was my bestest moment of 2010. BOOKS

HILL COUNTRY HOLDUP
Harlequin Intrigue
ISBN: 0373694997


.38 CALIBER COVER-UP
Harlequin Intrigue
ISBN: 0373695292



I was so excited about the UK picking up both of my books for publication. For Hill Country, I found out when the books arrived on my doorstep. And for .38 Caliber, a friend from New Zealand sent an email.

After winning the 2010 Series Suspense & Adventure Golden Heart, I have been honored that Hill Country Holdup was nominated for the Romantic Times Best Series First Book. It's also been nominated for two Booksellers' Best Awards: Best First Book & Best Short Contemporary.



YOU CAN FIND ANGI AT
Updates, old blog posts, book info & trailers -- all on my website AngiMorgan.com
including A PICTURE A DAY
Facebook: chat with me: Angi Morgan & LIKE my author page: Angi Morgan
Follow me on Twitter: AngiMorganAuthr
Blogging regularly at eHarlequin.com Intrigue Authors Blog
& Blame It On The Muse
Contact me directly at Angi@AngiMorgan.com

GET LOST WITH THE CREW
Leave a comment this week and be eligible for Gift Cards or Books from The Crew (or autographed books they pick up at the conference). Drawings to be held on July 4th.

Angi is adding to the prize pool by donating an autographed copy of .38 CALIBER COVER-UP & several autographed books she's picking up this week at conference.

Note: Offer void where prohibited. Prizes will be mailed to North America addresses only. If an Advanced Reading Copy (ARC) is available, the author may utilize that option for International participants. Odds of winning vary due to the number of entrants.

TODAY'S QUESTION:
DO YOU kiss in public?


21 comments:

  1. Great pictures from last year's event. Everyone's so happy and smiling, and all for good reason.

    I do a lot of hand holding and affectionate touching, and do kiss chastely. A peck or quick brush on the lips :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do kiss in public, just a peck. Not full out make out sessions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I was young, full makeout sessions were not uncommon. Now I would not do this, generally a peck would be the most I would go for in public. Unless I was feeling really relaxed, say with a few drinks in me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do kiss in public, but it's tame. I'm past the days of making out where all can see.

    Angi, that was a fun post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That night was so exciting, and Angi did it with style. Arggh, killing me that I'm typing this instead of spending time with all of you in New York. Do I kiss in public. Sometimes, but it's nothing to write home about.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, I kissed in public again last night. And since my husband is working in a nearby state, some might grow a little suspicious.

    EXCEPT that, since he was nearby, he texted my roommate and told her he was arriving by train for my first national literacy signing. That's right, ladies and gents...he took the train, came to the signing and planned on going back to HIS hotel.

    BUT MY LOVELY ROOMMATE bunked with someone else, he stayed the night and went back to work this morning. He said, "I've been waiting a long time to see this."

    (Okay, make me tear up again :-)
    Sometimes he really does win the most romantic guy award!

    Thanks for sharing my amazing experience! And good luck with the prizes Monday.
    ~Angi

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh...and in case you haven't noticed, I have lots of pictures from the conference on my facebook page.

    ~Angi

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you're having a great conference this time too, Angi!

    And yes, I kiss in public just not as public as you!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL. Maybe there is something to this kissing in public. I'm proud of you, Angi!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have in the past but I haven't kissed in public in years.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Maybe if I had someone to kiss I might kiss in public but just a brief kiss not a long lingering one.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are certainly missed Donnell.

    And it's a truly wonderful feeling, walking through Times Square, holding hands, being pulled to the side and kissed. Very nice indeed.

    ~~Angi

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great Moment! Congrats on a great accomplishment.

    Yes, not making out kissing but smooches here and there.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi! At the moment i have nobody to give me a kiss but if i did sure!

    ReplyDelete
  15. No, I really don't kiss in public. I will do a quick kiss but I save the serious kisses for when I have privacy.

    Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  16. My parents were a great example to my siblings and I. Everyday before leaving for work, by dad took time for a sustained kiss with my mom. We've tried to embarrass our kids by kissing in front of them whenever we can!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Glad you had such a fabulous time!
    And yes. Yes I do :-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. You guys are great !
    Have fun... I'm off to the Intrigue Meet & Greet. More pictures on my A PICTURE A DAY & facebook page.

    ~~Angi
    AngiMorgan.com or FB: Angi Morgan

    ReplyDelete
  19. Loves 2 Read Romance - LauraJune 29, 2011 at 10:22 PM

    Congrats on your nominations!! I would kiss in public but not a total make-out where complete strangers would tell you to get a room!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks to everyone who stopped by today to help celebrate the last year with me. I really appreciate the support.

    Best of luck in the contest!
    ~Angi

    ReplyDelete
  21. Kissing in public - I have don it before - not lately though.

    ReplyDelete