8/28/2013

It May Be Snowy Creek...


but there's nothing COLD about this book!

PIECES OF YOU
A Snowy Creek Novel

An ex-con, wrongfully convicted of a heinous crime, returns to a small mountain town determined to prove his innocence, reclaim the heart of the woman who helped put him behind bars, and win back the right to meet the daughter he learned about in prison. But his arrival stirs up dark secrets and re-ignites a fierce and consuming passion that just might get the woman he loves, and his child, killed.
~ ~ ~

Sometimes a contract to forget can be as powerful as a promise to remember...

Nine years ago Rachel Salonen and Jeb Cullen were soul mates--deeply, irrevocably in love. Until the night two young women went missing from a party in the woods. One was found raped, beaten and pregnant with no memory of what happened. The other is still missing. A small mountain community was torn apart and a young relationship shattered when nineteen-year-old Jeb was arrested for the heinous crime, and Rachel was forced to help put the man she loved behind bars.

Now, nine years later, Rachel believes she's finally put the past to rest when her sister dies suddenly in a fire and she's made guardian of her adopted niece. A child, she learns, who was conceived that terrible night of violence, a child whose DNA was used to convict Jeb. And when Jeb is unexpectedly released from max security, Rachel sees that the past has only just begun...

... Because Jeb has come straight home to Snowy Creek. To prove his innocence, reclaim his life, his home. And to meet the daughter he learned about in prison. A daughter Rachel will do anything to protect.

And when the town turns violently on Jeb, Rachel will once again be forced to take sides. This time she chooses with her heart. But her decision could cost everything she holds dear--including her niece's life. Because someone in town will do anything to keep the truth buried...even kill.

Here is a link to a little bit of PIECES OF YOU:

LORETH ANN WHITE hails from southern Africa, but now lives in Whistler, a ski resort in the moody Coast Mountain range. It’s a place of vast, wild and often dangerous mountains, larger-than-life characters, epic adventure, and romance — the perfect place to escape reality. And the perfect inspiration for her Snowy Creek series!

It’s no wonder it was here she was inspired to abandon a 16-year newspaper career to escape into a world of romantic fiction filled with dangerous men and adventurous women. When she’s not writing you will find her skiing, biking or hiking the trails with her Black Dog, and generally trying to avoid the bears – albeit not very successfully. She calls this work, because it’s when the best ideas come.

Loreth has won the Romantic Times Reviewer’s choice award, is a double Romantic Times Reviewers’ choice award finalist, a double Rita finalist, a double Daphne Du Maurier finalist, and multiple CataRomance Reviewers’ choice winner.

MEET MY NEW BEST FRIEND
(Loreth loves a black Lab! She has to be my BFF)


ANGI: How often do you get lost in a story?
LORETH: I think I'm always lost in a story. I have a problem staying in reality J

ANGI: What’s the first book you remember reading? 
LORETH: THE MAGIC FARAWAY TREE by Enid Blyton. I'd read other books before that one, but this is the book I really remember reading by myself. Enid Blyton was the JK Rowling of my youth. I moved quickly into her FAMOUS FIVE and SECRET SEVEN series, and Willard Price's ADVENTURE series. How could you not be drawn by titles like: Cannibal Adventure! Safari Adventure! ? I think those stories shaped my lifelong love for mystery, suspense and tall adventure tales. Mary Stewart set me on the road to things more romantic.
ANGI: I READ EVERYTHING of MARY STEWART's.

ANGI: What’s your favorite “love” word?
LORETH: Empathy

ANGI: What’s your favorite cartoon character?
LORETH: Ratatouille! … But does he count if he's in an animated movie?
ANGI: Sure he does !!

ANGI: Can you tell us about a real-life hero you’ve met?
LORETH: Heroes come in so many forms I think we forget sometimes about the quiet ones, the quiet struggles, where people are selfless in their help of others. Their stories are unsung. They're our neighbors, our townsfolk, and of these sorts I have met several. It gives me faith in the human condition.

ANGI: What’s your favorite fairy tale?
LORETH: Beauty and the Beast - I play with this theme in my RITA nominated book, THE SURGEON SHEIK'S RESCUE

ANGI: What do you like about the hero of your book?
LORETH: I love that Jeb is seen by his fellow characters as dark, very dangerous, and mysterious, but inside he's as vulnerable as the rest of us. He's misunderstood. He's the renegade from the wrong side of the tracks.

ANGI: Is there a playlist you’d recommend for reading your latest release?
LORETH: I used to write to music, but now I prefer silence, so no, I don't have playlist for PIECES OF YOU. I think I'd pick something from Susan Agluklark for Jeb, though. From her THIS CHILD album.

ANGI: What sound or noise do you love?
LORETH: The sound of a rushing river, or wind through a forest, or the crunch of the ocean against a shore.
ANGI: I just happen to have a picture of the waves...now everybody use your imagination.

ANGI: Where do you read and how often?
LORETH: I like to read best lying down. On the couch, or in bed. I try to read daily, even if it's just a little sip.

ANGI: Fairy Tale or Action Adventure?
LORETH: Combo.

ANGI: What was the first story you remember writing?
LORETH: I suspect if was a teen now, I'd be into creating Manga because the first 'stories' I created were drawn. I was inspired by Archie comics. And yes, some were romances.

ANGI: What’s your favorite movie of all time?
LORETH: Gladiator. Hands down. Sooo, deeply, incredibly, poignantly romantic and heroic and epic.

ANGI: Who’s your favorite villain?
LORETH: Hannibal Lector.

ANGI: What is your biggest vice?
LORETH: Ah, tricky question. I think it's to overanalyze, to never accept anything at face value. I don't trust easy J

ANGI: Is there a “Blooper” in your story (it may have been changed before printing)?
LORETH: There is! I have a character named Beppie in the story and there's one place where I call her Lily in error. A friend just pointed it out to me. Argh. There were also  some typos in the early release that my proofer did not catch, but those have been cleaned up in all versions available now.
ANGI: Whew...

ANGI: How is it working with hot guys and sexy women all day?
LORETH: You serious? What's not to like???

ANGI’S GOTTA ASK: In one of your emails you mentioned we share a love of black dogs. I have two: Tex & Roxie. Do you have a picture to share and a story behind it?
LORETH'S GOTTA ANSWER: Hudson! My hero. My love. My muse. My frustration. By Black Beast of a Labradog J. He's consumed my life for the past 3.5 years. We’ve done tracking, search and rescue training camps with the Mounties that involved getting up at ridiculous hours and travelling insane distances and working for hours in freezing rain and slush in wild mountain environments. We've done goose chasing. We go skijoring/cross country skiing every single day for 3 or 4 months of each year. We bike and hike and swim the rest. He's taken me places and introduced me to people I'd never have met otherwise. My new publishing venture is named in his honor -- Black Dog Ink.


FIND LORETH
Contact    Website    Facebook
Twitter @loreth    Goodreads
Blogs    Previous GLIAS interviews

UP NEXT for LORETH
Out in September and available for pre-order now is THE MISSING COLTON, book three in the Coltons of Wyoming miniseries from Harlequin Romantic Suspense.

Following that, available this fall, is SHATTERED INTO YOU, the prequel to PIECES OF YOU, Piper and Dracon's story. Next up will be Constable Annie Pirello's story. We meet Annie and Piper and Dracon in PIECES OF YOU.

PREVIOUS RELEASES by LORETH 
Take a peek at her back list
SAHARA KINGS SERIES
THE SHEIK'S COMMAND
SHEIK'S REVENGE
SURGEON SHEIK'S RESCUE--RITA nominated book
GUARDING THE PRINCESS 

LORETH is giving away three (that's right 3!) digital copies of PIECES OF YOU, the first in her Snowy Creek series. International giveaway, make sure you leave your email address.

Note: COMMENTERS are encouraged to leave a contact email address to speed the prize notification process. Offer void where prohibited. Prizes will be emailed to international  participants who leave a comment on the post. Odds of winning vary due to the number of entrants. Winners of drawings are responsible for checking this site in a timely manner. If prizes are not claimed in a timely manner, the author may not have a prize available. Get Lost In A Story cannot be responsible for an author's failure to mail the listed prize. GLIAS does not automatically pass email addresses to guest authors unless the commenter publicly posts their email address.

DON’T FORGET to FOLLOW us on Twitter #GetLostStories or LIKE us on Facebook to keep up with all our guest authors and their prizes. Join us Friday when our Unsinkable sister Jacqui Nelson joins us with her debut release.  And come back tomorrow when we take a minute to welcome our newest crew members: Lara Lacombe & E.E. Burke. ~Angi

LORETH WANTS TO KNOW: what are your favorite romantic suspense reads and why?




14 comments:

  1. Good Morning, Loreth !
    Welcome to GLIAS and best of luck with your Snowy Creek novels.

    I like fast action, logical romantic suspense. Give me a reason the hero and heroine should fall in love (which is sometimes very hard to do).
    ~Angi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Angi! Morning!! Thank you for having me and Hudson (How could I not bring Black Beast along--he goes everywhere with me :) )

    I love your comment re: 'logical' romantic suspense. That goes for me as a RS reader, too. Plus solid and believable motivation for the protagonists. Because then it's easier to get scared along with them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Loreth, love the comments about overanalyzing people. My worst trait. Or maybe it's what makes me a writer. Love creating scenarios for them.
    One of my DP colleagues moaning about some cranky contact for his new software app. So I say: "Maybe his wife just asked him for a divorce this morning?"
    Always thinking..
    Thanks for sharing.Susan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Loreth,
    Welcome to GLIAS--it's so fun to have you here. The premise for your book is riveting. I have to admit, if I read romantic suspense it's by the authors I know personally who write it (our own Angi Morgan, Donnell Bell and Jillian Stone for example) and books I find right here. Yours is now on my Nook set right on the top of the TBR pile! It really sounds great.

    I admit, all I care about in a RS is that the course of action isn't too far-fetched and isn't too cliche'. I love an unexpected twist. I love a smart heroine. I love strong men who aren't typical tough-talking law men or ex-military. (Who are just fine and sexy, of course, but surprise me and I'm even more excited!) Your Jeb sounds like a perfect hero for me! Best of luck with all your writing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. SusanD, LOL -- it's a curse! :) But yes, I do think it can help a writer ... always looking for the backstory, or the hidden reason :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you LizbethSelvig! I hope you enjoy Jeb :). I do like to read tough/alpha heroes ... but what I like to see in them is their vulnerability, too. Their weak points, and empathy. Even the tough-ass-dudes feel fear IMHO. But they act anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on then new book! I enjoy all types of romantic suspense stories especially from Nora Roberts and Linda Howard, some old favorites.
    mce1011 AT aol DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am not entering the contest - I already have this great book! :) I love a strong, military type alpha hero :) in romantic suspense. Sometimes I don't mind a bit of paranormal too (ie Shiloh Walker's FBI series, Karen Robards), but just a bit that I can still think hey, you never know!!
    Love learning a bit more about you!! :)

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  9. don't have any favs; like them with an HEA

    Just curious in pieces of you, was the hero involved with both sisters?

    bn100candg at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi bn100 -- thanks for stopping by! I might have different expectations when reading a straight thriller, or mystery, depending on the story premise, but if I'm reading a romantic suspense, I definitely like to see a romantic HEA, or promise of one. <3

    To answer your question, no, my hero was not involved with both sisters, and therein lies part of the mystery :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. *waves at Peaces* LOL, I like your sense of humor, Sue! Thanks for stopping by! I have yet to try Shiloh's series *makes notes*

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks, Maureen! I'm sure many of us RS readers cut their teeth on, and continue to chomp down on, a juicy Nora or Linda Howard <3

    ReplyDelete
  13. bn100 and SusanD, you've both won a digital copy of PIECES OF YOU! Thank you for stopping by and commenting on what seemed like a very quiet day on the Interwebs today.

    Please drop me a line at loreth dot anne @ gmail dot com and let me know to which email I can gift you both a copy.

    And thank Angi and the rest of the GLIAS team for having me (and Hudson!) here today:)

    ReplyDelete