11/11/2017

Celebrating an Author who is a Veteran

I've known Ryleigh Rhodes for a few years now and though we've yet to meet in person, I feel like I know her and call her my friend.  You see we have a few things in common, though our age difference is large.

Ryleigh is a US Marine and my son, Zach, is a Marine.  Ryleigh is a mom, a daughter, a student and an author; we share those things.  Our love of the US Military is our largest bond.  So, I welcome Ryleigh back to Get Lost in a Story and hope you'll enjoy meeting her too. And, thank you for your service Ryleigh.

Have you been on Get Lost in a Story before?
Yes, I've been on before, and I love it here so I came back.

How often do you get lost in a story?
When I'm free of grad school homework I try to pleasure read. At least one book a week. 

What's your favorite thing about your current book hero?
I just started Kristen Ashley's Complicated.  I love that he's a family man with a badge.


Do you have a favorite movie of all time? Tell me about it.
The Goonies - The Truffle Shuffle

What's your perfect day like?
Walk the doggie, gym, and reading. a pedi thrown in would be pretty awesome also.

Let's do some rapid fire questions.
Favorite color?
Blue

Favorite meal?
TexMex or BBQ probably TexMex because margaritas.

Name something on your bucket list.
Hot Air Balloon ride

Dream vacation?
Scotland

Favorite book boyfriend?
Eddie Chavez - Rock Chick Rescue

Favorite memory.
When I was younger, like elementary school age, during the summer before the chores were time consuming. My dog and I would explore the ranch. I could ride my bike around the ranch and go fishing whenever I wanted. Pretty sweet deal.


Geek or Jock?
More geek than Jock

The most daring thing you’ve ever done… Care to share?
I have no aversion to moving not sure if that's daring but starting out in a new town not knowing anyone isn't a big deal to me. I'm hoping to settle down somewhere soon though.

Do you have a giveaway? If so, tell me about it.
I'm giving away an ebook copy of Enforcer to a randomly selected person who comments on this post.  Honor your Veteran's in the comments and tell us who in your family/friends serves or has served.

Anything you want to share about your favorite shoes?
flip flops - I'm lazy and I have weird tan lines on my feet now.




Tell us about the book you are promoting.

Enforcer
Small town Texan Claire enlisted in the Marine Corps, survived an IED in Iraq, went through rigorous physical therapy, and made it through med school. After she thought she had endured it all, she had to cope with the loss of her beloved husband and struggle to rebuild her life and raise their twins. Her friends rally around, but it's up to Claire to pick up the pieces and open herself up to love and to truly live once again.

Read a little, buy the book. (Your buy links)

Amazon 


A little bit about Ryleigh:

Ryleigh grew up on a cattle ranch in Texas and enlisted in the military after high school. After traveling the world she came back stateside and started a new chapter in her life. When she isn't crafting with words she can often be found outdoors with her daughter or be found reading a good book and eating dark chocolate.

Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/RhodesRyleighAuthor
Twitter - http://twitter.com/ryleigh_rhodes
Pinterest: http://www.pinterest.com/ryleighrhodes/

2 comments:

  1. Yes for flip flops it is so nice that you posted about Veterans and yes my husband was in the honor guard for 8 years but during that time they never called his troop to active duty but he could of been called as they were all trained to go. Thank you for coming to GLIAS yesterday! peggy clayton

    ReplyDelete
  2. We always looked at moving as an adventure. My husband was in the Air Force for 24 years. We were lucky not to have to move too many times, only 5 or 6. The important thing is to take full advantage of where you are. Explore and learn what makes it special. We are retired now and have been here longer than anywhere else we have ever lived.
    Favorite shoes are running shoes. They have good support and are versatile and comfortable.

    ReplyDelete