4/16/2018

Meet P.J. MacLayne


WOLVES’ GAMBIT
Free Wolves #3

Wolf-shifter Lori Grenville was rescued from near-slavery and a brutal pack leader by the Free Wolves. To pay back the favor, she's dedicated her life to helping others in the same situation, leading shifters to safety and a new start, risking her life in the process. She's faced down alphas and has no qualms in undermining pack structure. 

READ A LITTLE, BUY THE BOOK

A computer geek by day and a writer by night, P.J. MACLAYNE grew up in the rolling hills of Pennsylvania and sets much of her writing in that landscape. She currently lives in the shadow of the Rocky Mountains.


SOCIAL MEDIA
| Website   | Facebook  | Amazon  
| Google+  | Goodreads 
THE Q&A
ANGI: How often to you get lost in a story?
P.J.: Mine or someone else's? Either way, the correct answer is way too often. I love to read, and there are lots of great books waiting for me. Give me a good book and I'll put off doing the housework, eating or going to bed. Sleep can wait a few more pages.

ANGI: Whats your favorite thing about your books hero?
P.J.: There's a lot I came to love about Lori, but I think my favorite is how she's not scared to stand up to the rich and powerful. All in the cause she believes is right, of course. She makes her own rules and isn't afraid to break them when necessary.

ANGI: Whats your perfect day?
P.J.: I'd wake up at the side of a gurgling mountain stream, with the sun peeking through the leaves of the aspen trees lining my camping spot. I'd sip a cup of hot chocolate I'd warmed up over the campfire and before going for a hike.

I'd spend the morning wandering the trails, returning when the afternoon grew too hot. Then I'd spend several hours writing before making supper. I'd either listen to John Denver or classic rock or just the birds singing, depending upon my mood.

After supper, Id sneak in a bit more writing before lighting the campfire and watching the sparks drift upward. Id stay awake long enough to watch the embers die down and hit the sack to the lullaby of water tumbling downstream.

ANGI: Salad or soup?
P.J.: I'm trying to eat healthy and add more salads to my diet, but I love a bowl of hot soup, especially in the winter. I make a mean chicken and dumplings. And there's a hamburger soup in my repertoire that isn't too bad either.

ANGI: Would you put yourself in a Fairy Tale or Action Adventure?
P.J.: Action Adventure. I'd probably regret it, because I'm not in the same athletic shape as I used to be, but I love writing action so I'd fit right into scene.

ANGI: Champagne or Soda?
P.J.: Neither. How about a beer or a rum and coke? I gave up soda a few years back and never developed the taste for champagne.

ANGI: Geek or Jock?
P.J.: Geek. My paid job is in IT. I even manage to make an IT guy the romantic lead in my mystery series.

ANGI: The most daring thing youve ever done Care to share?
P.J.: Jumping off a cliff backward. Sure, it was part of a mountaineering course and I was learning to rappel, but that first step was a big one. It took me a bit to get into the rhythm of letting the rope slide thru my hands as I lowered myself not-so-slowly to the ground.

ANGIs GOTTA ASK:  Where is your favorite writing space & why?

P.J.’s GOTTA ANSWER:  This is my favorite spot. Unfortunately, it isn't out my window, so I don't get to write there very often. Only in my dreams!

  
UP NEXT for P.J.:
THE CONTESSA'S BROOCH
Oak Grove Mysteries #4

Read a little, Buy the book

PREVIOUS RELEASES by P.J.:
WOLVES’ PAWN
Free Wolves #1
Read a little, Buy the book

WOLVES’ KNIGHT
Free Wolves #2
Read a little, Buy the book

THE MARQUESA'S NECKLACE

Oak Grove Mysteries #1

Series title & book #
Read a little, Buy the book

P.J. is giving away a digital copy of Wolves' Pawn, the first book in the series

Get Lost on Facebook   @GetLostInAStory  #GetLostStories

AND OUR NEW Facebook Group: The Readers’ Spot

P.J. WANTS TO KNOW: How do you feel about alpha women in books?

3 comments: