12/20/2018

BETWEEN THE PAGES-Noelle's First Anniversary



On the first day of Christmas my true love gave to me~

The brainchild of Caroline Lee (Five Gold Rings)  and a gathering of authors (one real-time meeting with the majority in the room) started the process of putting together what would become a beautifully intertwined (yet stand-alone) 12 book set called  The 12 Days of Christmas Mail Order Brides.

The gold rush provided the initial creation of Noelle and real historical events--beginning with the railroad--continue to be used as fodder for the stories that in the year that followed brought new characters, new twists, and new development to Noelle.

The series has tackled most every issue of the pioneer town and yet strikes a chord with issues of the modern day. In some ways its been great to see the progress, while in contrast to how much further we really have to go regarding some issues. But , despite the obstacles, the spirit and tenacity of Noelle and its residents remains strong and at the end of the day--there is the happily ever after, or at least happily for now.

Celebrating the anniversary of the set, we decided to offer our readers a very special gift. From Dec. 17-21, we're offering each book in the set for just .99!!

Now is the time to purchase the entire set , or perhaps fill in those books you've not yet read!

The collaboration is clear when you see how the characters reappear in other books. Careful consideration is taken when writing scenes with another authors characters and that teamwork has given us as authors the opportunity for some wonderful, broader discussion about each other as people.

Don't miss your chance to own this entire set and also check out the next series continuing the drama, humor, and romance of Noelle in the next series, Brides of Noelle-Love for All Seasons.


I asked the authors to share what this collaborative project has meant to them. Here's what each had to say...


Kit Morgan (Day 1-The Partridge)
I love and enjoy working on this project because I do love working with others to create something wonderful out of nothing. A whole town, its residents, and all the things that go along with it! Collaborating with fellow authors is always a blast and readers love the results!

Shanna Hatfield (Day 2- The Dove)
The chance to work with a great group of women and the opportunity to create stories in a wonderful fictional town with meaningful characters are two reasons this was such a fun project for me. I also enjoyed writing in a setting I hadn't explored before. Many thanks for inviting me to participate!

Merry Farmer (Day 3-The French Hens)
I loved working on this project because it gave me a chance to explore different sorts of stories from the Old West, ones that aren't usually told. And it was so much fun to work together with such a dedicated group of ladies!


Jacqui Nelson (Day 4-The Calling Birds)
I’m grateful that the 12 Days project nudged me (a Canadian) to finally create my first Canadian-born characters. When (in the early stages of plotting) the group really encouraged adding diversity to the town of Noelle, I was inspired to make the villains (in the story that I was just completing) into a French-Canadian gang of thieves. Then I had their sister, Bernadette Bellamy (who became the heroine of The Calling Birds) assume the alias Birdie Bell and end up in Noelle, on-the-run from everyone looking for her brothers’ last goldmine heist in British Columbia, Canada.
That first spark of inspiration led to so much more. It’s truly been a gift to have the opportunity to work with such a talented group of authors and to connect with so many new readers who love the Old West!

Caroline Lee (Day 5-The Ring)
I've been so impressed by how hard these ladies worked to bring this series together...and how they continue to work to bring couples together in Noelle! It was really cool to watch everyone work through ideas over the year it took us to pull this series together, and I'm thankful everyone's visions meshed so well. From a personal standpoint, I was really glad to have the opportunity to write an "irredeemable" character. I loved playing with Pearl's sense of self-worth and how that would affect her secret feelings for a long-time customer. This book was one of my favorite couples!

Peggy Henderson ( Day 6-The Geese)
I loved working on this project. Writing can be such a lonely endeavor, so collaborating with other authors is very rewarding and fun. This particular project required a lot of interaction with all the authors involved, and the teamwork was amazing. Getting feedback from peers, brainstorming, and just the entire writing process was so much fun because it was a team effort, and I learned a lot from my fellow writers in the creation of this series.

Piper Hugely (Day 7-The Swan)
I'm thankful I was able to participate in this project. I won two Maggie medallions for The Swan, my own chapter's award, something I never thought would happen. The Swan also confirmed for me that I can write a novella that people like.


Rachel Wesson (Day 8-The Maid) 
I was delighted to be invited to participate in a fun project with a great group of writers. Meeting new people, authors and readers, at Christmas time was wonderful. I love history and highlighting it with fictional stories is a great way for me to learn something new. Readers seem to enjoy this too. Noelle took on a life of it's own and that has been really exciting.

Mimi Milan (Day 9-The Dancing Lady)
This project was great for a lot of reasons. For example, it was the first time I worked on a group project like this. Other multi author projects were standalone books thrown into box sets. Not much collaborating needed on those accounts. This arrangement has been a true collaboration, and a learning experience on how to work with other authors. I think that has really helped my writing grow stronger. Too, I've had the opportunity to meet new readers, and I'm always thankful for that! Ultimately, I've enjoyed watching the town grow. The characters are endearing and I feel very much like I've taken an active part in creating a town as alive as, say, Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman or When the Heart Calls. Basically, it's a place I enjoy visiting often. So, here's to hoping there are many more books in the sweet town of Noelle!

Danica Favorite (Day 10-The Lord)
I really enjoyed working on this project because it's meant a lot to me to see how much this has meant to our readers. I love that we've created something people have fallen in love with.



Amanda McIntyre (Day 11-The Piper)
From the moment I was invited to participate in this group I felt the energy for this project and have enjoyed watching and helping its growth. From connecting characters and real-time historical events to the collaborative effort of creating the town map, bringing a visual life to Noelle. Then there is the enthusiastic support from the readers that continues to inspire us as authors. No matter how many more stories come from this initial project, it is clear that the little town of Noelle, Colorado and its citizens have made their mark on these authors and on readers!

Elisabeth Burke (Day 12- The Drum)
I'm so grateful to Caroline Lee for inviting me to be part of this series. I knew from the start it was an inspired idea, and the books that came from it were wonderful. I loved working with this diverse and talented group of authors. Everyone took their stories in a different direction, yet worked hard to make sure they were woven together. I'd never done that before and was thrilled with how well we all worked together and helped each other. I think the end result has been worth all the hard work.



For this week only, every books is on sale for 99 cents each.

THIS IS A LIMITED TIME OFFER!!

A gift of reading is never wasted!

Snag a set for yourself and one for a friend!!

http://bit.ly/AYearInNoelle

Happy holidays from all of us  & Happy Reading!!





















2 comments:

  1. What a fun project! And what a great deal! I will be snapping every one of these up for this great price and have reading through these winter months ahead. Thanks so much for the special pricing and I loved reading all of the insights into this special project y'all put together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment, Cheryl! Awesome to hear you will be reading all of our stories. Hope you have a very happy holidays & all the best in 2019 too!

      Delete