12/27/2018

Vikings and More Vikings !


SENT AS THE VIKING’S BRIDE

She’s the wife he doesn’t want…
…and the woman he needs!

Desperate to escape her murderous brother-in-law and protect her young sister, Ragnhild agrees to marry an unknown warrior, and arrives penniless on his remote island. Only, Gunnar Olafson’s belief in love died with his family—he does not want a bride! But as yuletide approaches, Ragnhild transforms his isolated existence. Can she melt her Viking warrior’s frozen heart?

“Everyone loves Styles’ Vikings!” — RT Book Reviews on Sold to the Viking Warrior

“Styles pens another winning Viking historical… An exciting, engaging story” — RT Book Reviews on Taming His Viking Woman

Award winning author of more than 20 novels, Michelle Styles writes warm, witty and intimate historical romance in a wide range of time periods including Viking, Roman, Regency and early Victorian, often set in the North East of England. Born and raised near San Francisco, California, Michelle currently lives a few miles south of Hadrian's Wall with her husband, and a menagerie of pets. An avid reader, she became hooked on historical romance when she discovered Georgette Heyer, Anya Seton and Victoria Holt in her school's library.

SOCIAL CONNECTIONS:
Website  Amazon     BookBub    Facebook   Twitter @MichelleLStyles  
Goodreads   Pintrest   Pink Heart Society    Previously on GLIAS

THE Q&A
ANGI: What story have you gotten lost in recently?
MICHELLE: I just finished reading The Christmas Sisters by Sarah Morgan. My car ended up having to go into the garage to get fixed and I got stuck on a freezing cold platform waiting for a train. Sarah’s Christmas inspired tale of three estranged sisters and the woman who adopted them helped to make the wait bearable.

ANGI: Favorite field trip?
MICHELLE:  At the moment, because my last three Vikings books have been based around there, my favorite field trip has been to the Scottish islands, in particular Islay and Jura. I particularly loved Jura where Sent as The Viking’s Bride is set. It is also where George Orwell wrote 1984. My husband and I stayed at the island’s one hotel and then drove until the road ended. We then hiked for several miles to see George Orwell’s house and a few miles more to see the Coryvercken (the officially unnavigable whirlpool off Jura’s coast) However that day the sun was shining and the whirlpool was deceptively calm. It is one of the more remote parts of Scotland and very much unspoilt.

ANGI: Daffy Duck or Donald Duck?
MICHELLE: Daffy Duck

ANGI: What’s your favorite thing about your book’s hero?
MICHELLE: My favorite thing about  Gunnar is that he sees the heroine’s inner beauty before she does.

ANGI: High Heels or Hiking Boots?
MICHELLE:  Hiking Boots because my feet always ache in high heels.

ANGI: What’s your favorite dessert of all time?
MICHELLE:  My favorite dessert is lemon meringue pie. I particularly like the River Café version which takes 18 eggs.

ANGI: Surf or Turf?
MICHELLE:  Turf

ANGI: Wild Flower or Roses?
MICHELLE:  Hard question as I love both. I am currently developing a wild flow meadow in what was the back lawn.

ANGI: Biography or History?
MICHELLE: History

ANGI: The most daring thing you’ve ever done… Care to share?
MICHELLE: Probably the most daring thing I have ever done is moving from the San Francisco Bay Area where I’d grown up to the UK to live permanently and where I knew no one except my husband.  Because of his job, we ended up in Newcastle Upon Tyne and all his family lived about five hours to the south. Looking back on it, it seems crazy but at the time I didn’t hesitate.

ANGI’s GOTTA ASK:  Where is your favorite writing place & why?  
MICHELLE’S GOTTA ANSWER:   At the moment, because it is cold outside, my favourite writing place is the kitchen table in front of the Aga. In the summer time, it is in the sun room overlooking the garden (the Christmas tree is currently in there) 

UP NEXT for MICHELLE:
The next Viking is currently sitting on my editor’s desk and she let me know –revisions in the new year. However as part of the Reader Favorites’ program, The Warrior’s Viking Bride is being released again in Target and Walmart stores. It comes out on the 27th as luck would have it. (2 in one month for me!)

PREVIOUSLY RELEASED by MICHELLE:
THE WARRIOR’S VIKING BRIDE

SOLD TO THE VIKING WARRIOR

A CHRISTMAS WEDDING WAGER
Read a little, Buy the book


MICHELLE is giving away a signed copy of Sent As the Viking’s Bride.
International Giveaway






your host, Angi Morgan
Get Lost on Facebook   @GetLostInAStory  #GetLostStories
AND OUR NEW Facebook Group: The Readers’ Spot
MICHELLE WANTS TO KNOW:  What is your favorite Holiday tradition? 
  

20 comments:

  1. I do love decorating the Christmas tree with all of the family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a lovely thing to do. I put all my ornamentson ther tree tha t I have received through out the years.

      Delete
    2. I love spending time with my family we make tamales and a lot of traditional Mexican plates while decorating the tree

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I love to be with my family together coooking making tamales and slot of traditional Mexican food and we decorate the tree etc

      Delete
  3. Making M&M cookies together

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love reading all the cards that we get together! Peggy clayton

    ReplyDelete
  5. Getting together with family and playing games.🎄

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Games are great. Our faves include scrabble and monopoly. Although I will admit to trying to be the first to go out in monopoly...

      Delete
  6. My family loves looking at lights. We drive someplace special every Christmas Eve.
    ~~LOVE your Vikings, Michelle!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are now more lights in the UK than there used to be but what a fun a tradition. I am so pleased you love my Vikings!

      Delete
  7. Looking at houses lights around the town.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Seeing the Christmas tree at Rockefellar Center

    ReplyDelete
  9. Baking Jesus a birthday cake and singing Happy Birthday to Him.

    ReplyDelete
  10. We enjoy bring holiday dinners to our friends and family that have to work.

    ReplyDelete