9/26/2019

Romancing the Flower: Jacqui's Flower Pictures from France


I ❤️ flowers. If you've seen my Facebook & Instagram pages, you'll see lots of flower photos.

Living in Victoria (on Canada's southwest coast) makes it easy to share my love for flowers. Victoria's mild weather (in both summer and winter) makes it a paradise for gardeners.

During my August trip to southern France and (on a cruise) to Italy, Spain, and Malta, I saw some (but not a lot of) flowers. Maybe it was because the end of summer was approaching. It could've also been the earlier record-breaking heatwave followed by August temperatures of 90 Fahrenheit / 32 Celsius with high humidity no rain.

I really struggle in the heat. But every time I see a flower, it perks me up - and then I had to, of course, take a picture 🙂 💐📷❤️

These are the flowers I saw on my trip...

First flower seen in Marseille, France
Bougainvillea in Marseille, France

Periwinkle-colored flowers in Genoa, Italy
Giant Marigolds in Valetta, Malta
Flower on Mount Vesuvius near Pompeii, Italy
Hibiscus in Lourmarin, France
Scarlet-colored flowers in Lourmarin, France
Clover (I’m guessing) in Saintes-Maries-de-la-Mer, Camargue, France
Last flower seen in Cassis, France
My favorite flower is the peony. My mom grew them in her amazing garden on the farm where I grew up in Northern Alberta, Canada. It's a part of the world where winters are very cold, so gardening is seasonal and challenging. I'm blessed to be able to see peonies in Victoria - even if they bloom for what feels like only a few very short weeks in the summer.

Peonies seen this summer in Victoria, Canada 

What's your favorite flower?


Jacqui Nelson - Author Picture
Want to find out what happens when Welsh meets West in Colorado 1878? Read an excerpt from my September release, A Bride for Brynmor, on my website

Fall in love with a new Old West...where the men are steadfast & the women are adventurous. 

Website: JacquiNelson.com
Amazon: www.amazon.com/author/jacquinelson

Join my newsletter & receive Rescuing Raven (Raven and Charlie's story in Deadwood 1876) for free: JacquiNelson.com/download-my-free-read 

12 comments:

  1. The pictures are lovely. My favorite flower is the pansy.

    Kit3247(at)aol(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A pansies are amazing, Rita! Each flower is so perfect.

      Delete
  2. My favorite cut flowers are Carnations. They come in so many happy colors. I love alot of flowers, but I prefer them on the bush, vine, tree, or cactus they grow on. I love your pictures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wonderful to hear you love my pictures! I love your flower pick.

      Delete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous pictures, Jacqui! You take lovely shots. Love, love the flowers. My Mom and my Grandma used to have peonies in their yards. When Grandma moved, she gave them to my Mom, who gave them to me when she moved. I still have those peonies...they remind me of Mom and Grandma. Thanks for the beautiful blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love how plants can be handed done through the generations, CH! My sister has my mom's farm peonies now in her Victoria city garden. They are extra special for sure.

      Delete
  4. I just love all the pics of the flowers I feel the same i struggle with the heat badly but when i see flowers that all goes away. Wow So good! peggy clayton

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess that's why they have the saying...be sure to stop and smell the roses :) We need to take a break so we can keep going later. Thanks for commenting, Peggy!

      Delete
  5. I always love your flower pics! Thank you for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't remember ever seeing Marigolds that large!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't seen any that large either, Sandy. They were really stunning and so was Malta ;)

      Delete