11/26/2019

Vikings! Vikings! & more Vikings!

A DEAL WITH HER REBEL VIKING
Her terms: free her family
His terms: seduction?


Defending her home, Lady Ansithe captures outlaw Viking Moir Mimirson. The prisoner will be the ideal ransom for her father, who’s being held hostage by the Danes. Yet Moir’s flirtatious negotiations exhilarate practical Ansithe as much as they surprise her… Can she be sure that this hardened warrior will work with her and not betray her? And what of his stolen kisses—can she trust those?



STAY CONNECTED
Website | Amazon | BookBub | Facebook | Twitter @MichelleLStyles  
Goodreads | Pintrest | Pink Heart Society |  Previously on GLIAS

 Award winning author of more than 20 novels, Michelle Styles writes warm, witty and intimate historical romance in a wide range of time periods including Viking, Roman, Regency and early Victorian, often set in the North East of England. Born and raised near San Francisco California, Michelle currently lives a few miles south of Hadrian's Wall with her husband, and a menagerie of pets. An avid reader, she became hooked on historical romance when she discovered Georgette Heyer, Anya Seton and Victoria Holt in her school's library. 

THE HOLIDAY INTERVIEW

ANGI: What’s your favorite gift Santa ever left under the tree?
MICHELLE:  My favorite gift Santa ever left under the tree was the Nutcracker which my eldest son was given for his third birthday. He had never seen the Nutcracker ballet before and my husband I took him to see the San Francisco Ballet’s version on Christmas Eve. He was desperate for his own Nutcracker but I told him and my husband (who got a very hard stare from me) that all the Nutcrackers were sold out. My son went back to my sister’s house where we were staying and sent a special note up the chimney, begging for his very own Nutcracker. No adult left the house and in any case by that time all the stores were shut.  In the morning, the Nutcracker was under the tree, much to everyone’s astonishment. For many years, when my children doubted, I would point to the Nutcracker and ask them to explain please how that  Nutcracker could have arrived.  
The fact I as a child had longed to have such a thing and had made a vow when I was about nine that my children were not going to be similarly deprived was something I kept very quiet.

ANGI: What’s your favorite Holiday Movie?
MICHELLE: Christmas movies are my guilty pleasure. I really enjoy them. From the classic tales like A Christmas Carol to the more modern Hallmark movies (Channel 5 in the UK has started showing the Harlequin ones and I can get them on Amazon Prime as well. I would say my favorite movie has to be It’s aWonderful Life and I watch it every year.

ANGI: What’s your favorite Holiday cartoon special?
MICHELLE:  My favorite is Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer closely followed by Stanta Claus is Coming to Town. I can remember watching them on Friday nights when I was growing up in the San Francisco Bay Area. When I moved to the UK, I was surprised they weren’t a thing. So I made sure my children spent time in the US at Christmas time and were able to see these.

ANGI: Which Holiday film can you watch over and over without falling asleep?
MICHELLE:  A Christmas Carol – I love the story and re-read it every year as well. It is so wonderfully redemptive and of course, Dickens reshapes Christmas with it.

ANGI: What’s your favorite Holiday dessert you’d share with friends?
MICHELLE:  I love stollen, a German Christmas bread with marzipan running through it and make that every year. In the UK, the dessert you are most likely to encounter is the mince pie. They are bite sized and everywhere. They do not have meat in them btw and a concoction of dried fruit and liquor (and some sort of fat—normally suet but could be butter)  baked in a pie crust.

ANGI: What is your favorite Holiday tradition?
MICHELLE: My favorite Holiday tradition is decorating the house for Christmas, including trimming the tree. I love getting out all the old ornaments and decorations (including the Nutcracker!) and putting them up.

DEAR SANTA!  All I want for Christmas is…
MICHELLE:  my three children home for Christmas (my children tell me I am very boring for asking for this but until you are a mother, you don’t understand how lovely it is to have your 3 grown children home). Unfortunately I don’t have a picture of me and Santa. (Last one taken 1983 and given off to an ex-boyfriend)  Neither do I have pictures of the children with Santa – there was an unfortunate incident where my husband tried to take my daughter to get her photo taken when she was a toddler and…money ended being refunded and my husband resorted to bribery with a stuffed animal to stem her tears.

UP NEXT for MICHELLE:
CONVENIENTLY WED TO THE VIKING
Sons of Sigurd #3 

Scotland,  876 AD
A resourceful lady
To escape her stepmother’s murderous marriage plot, Ceanna of Dun Olliagh believes she must enter her aunt’s convent with a pretend vocation.

A warrior dedicated to revenge
After the raid on his family’s home in Norway, Sandulf Sigurdson  lives only to fulfil the quest his eldest brother gave him — find the assassins who killed his brother’s wife.

A dangerous liaison
When her guide goes missing, Ceanna obtains the services of the mysterious Viking warrior. Confronted with the determined Pictish lady, Sandulf’s heart is touched. While Sandulf is willing to offer Ceanna his name and a place in his bed, will he be able to keep her safe from the trained killers who now threaten them both?

Conveniently Wed to the Viking is the third book in the exciting Sons of Sigurd saga which is coming to Harlequin Historical in 2020.

PREVIOUSLY RELEASED by MICHELLE:
SENT AS THE VIKING’S BRIDE
She’s the wife he doesn’t want…

…and the woman he needs!

Desperate to escape her murderous brother-in-law and protect her young sister, Ragnhild agrees to marry an unknown warrior, and arrives penniless on his remote island. Only, Gunnar Olafson’s belief in love died with his family—he does not want a bride! But as yuletide approaches, Ragnhild transforms his isolated existence. Can she melt her Viking warrior’s frozen heart?

A CHRISTMAS WEDDING WAGER
Read a little, Buy the book
Just one kiss under the mistletoe could change her whole life!

Lovely Miss Emma Harrison has long turned her back on the frivolities of the Marriage Mart and dedicated herself to helping her father. But this Christmas everything changes—the unforgettable Jack Stanton is back! No longer the charity boy determined to make good, he has become one of the richest men in England. Driven to succeed and used to getting anything he wants, Jack makes it clear that he wants Emma.

And as the Yuletide festivities throw Emma into his company, she can't help but wonder if she made the right choice seven years ago….

THE WARRIOR’S VIKING BRIDE

SOLD TO THE VIKING WARRIOR

MICHELLE is giving away a signed print copy of A Deal with Her Rebel Viking.
International Mailing
 
Your host, Angi Morgan
Get Lost on Facebook   @GetLostInAStory  #GetLostStories
AND OUR NEW Facebook Group: The Readers’ Spot

MICHELLE WANTS TO KNOW:  DO YOU OPEN AN ADVENT CALENDAR?

4 comments:

  1. I do... It was a tradition since I was a kid and I have encouraged my little nephew to follow along too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Most years I open a chocolate advent calendar.

    ReplyDelete
  3. no
    bn100candg at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete